New to the group from South East PA

ShappireBlueGTS

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name's Tyler. I'm 20 years old and I've recently joined your group searching for help on finding out the facts behind my car.

I bought the car 3 years ago not really knowing what it was; I had owned 3 fox bodies prior and knew I wanted an SN next. My only desires were a 5.0 and a 5 speed. I had a craigslist ad up searching for this and not too long after I got a text from a guy who had my current Mustang.

It was a 5.0 and 5 speed. He said it was bored .030 over and that it had a cam in it, yada yada yada. It was all hoopla.

When I went to check the car out I thought it was black from the pictures but it turned out it was just spray bombed black. The original color code was JA which, with a little Google searching I found out was the Sapphire Blue color. I immediately knew I wanted the car. I picked it up for $1,100 knowing it needed a new trans.

I ended up getting a new block as the cylinder walls were shot on the one in the car and got a great deal on a 306 with pro comp Pistons in it with low mileage. I bought a set of Roush heads and had them completely re done as well as an x cam and Trick Flow Track Heat intake manifold.

I rebuilt the whole trans with a low mileage t5 case because mine was cracked. I got all new gears and a Ford Racing rebuild kit.

Anyway, after sinking all this money into the car that I truly didn't think was anything special to anyone but me, I started wondering how rare the car was because it has manual windows, manual locks, and the V6 seats. So I did some Googling and it turns out the VIN comes back as a GTS model. Now I know there were 2400 or so Sapphire Blue Mustangs total but I have found somewhere, I forget where, that said there were as few as 96 Sapphire Blue GTS Mustangs made in 1995.

I am curious if anyone can validate this information for me? Thanks in advance for any and all leads.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone my names Tyler I'm 20 years old and I've recently joined your group searching for help on finding out the facts behind my car. I bought the car 3 years ago not really knowing what it was I had owned 3 fox bodies prior to it and knew I wanted a SN next, my only desires were a 5.0 and a 5 speed I had a craigslist ad up searching for this and not too long after I got a text from a guy who had my current mustang it was a 5.0 and 5 speed he had said it was bored .030 over and that it had a cam in it and yada yada yada it was all hooplah but when I went to check the car out I thought It was actually black from the pictures turned out it was just spray bombed black on the outside the original color code was JA which with little google searching found out was the sappire blue color and I immediately knew I wanted the car I ended up picking it up for $1,100 knowing it needed a new trans, I ended up getting a new block as the cylinder walls were shot on the one in the car and got a great deal on a 306 with pro comp Pistons in it and it had super low mileage on it, bought a set of roush heads and had them completely re done and a x cam and trick flow track heat intake manifold and re built the whole trans got a low mileage t5 case as mine was cracked and got all new gears and a Ford racing rebuild kit, anyway after sinking all this money into the car that I truly didn't think was anything special to anyone but me I started wondering how rare the car was as it has manual windows, manual locks, and the v6 seats so I did some googling and turns out the VIN comes back as a GTS model now I know there were 2400 some sappire blue mustangs total but then I found somewhere I forget where that said there were as few as 96 Sappire blue GTS mustangs made in 1995 curious if anyone can validate this information for me, thanks in advance for any and all leads.

I edited this enormous block of text for you into something we could read better.

Anyhow:

The numbers you posted are probably fairly accurate. The GTS package is basically just what you said, a stripped down version of a GT with manual windows and seats. Not anymore valuable necessarily, unless it's exactly what you are looking for.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Great cars for stripping down to make full race cars as you don't have to feel guilty stripping out all the nicer parts!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! You may have a rare car, the value all depends on how much it means to you though. I know my gt isn't worth much but I like the fact that I don't worry about breaking things and scratching paint because it's not going to lose much value

OP
OP
S

ShappireBlueGTS

Reaction score
Hahaha oh for sure everyone I in no way imagined the car was worth anything more and realistically just wanted to know for the cool factor and telling people as a conversation starter at car meets etc, in my eyes once you start making a mustang your own they all become 1 of 1 anyway. Thanks everyone for the responses, once I finish getting the car painted I'll have to put up a few pics

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea a cool car but then I think all mustangs are cool. Its fun right up till you go to roll that window down :) and wish there was a button. Any 95'r that is worth his salt will recognize the signs but its not going to get you laid like import lights and mirrors will. Unless its the SRS version, which is identifiable by the SRS logo on the pass air bag now those are RARE.... :):slowclap:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online