New to the Mustang SN world!

David J Hricik

Reaction score
Hi All- Just purchased a 1994 Mustang GT 5.0 Convertible auto with 88,000 miles. From what I can tell the previous owners installed a Magniflow exhaust, shift kit , cold air intake, Strut tower, aftermarket lowering shocks and struts and some 18in deep dish style rims.

Issues:
1.) Antilock light on....Need to figure out if just the sensor is bad or what.....
2.) Suspension creaking in the back bad and the front when turning the wheel is popping and making a a lot of noise. Just bought new Moog ball joints, tie rods, inner and outer and from sway bar links. I hope this corrects the from noise. If not maybe new struts??? Any other thoughts?
Once I get the suspension and brakes corrected want to start the process of getting some more performance out of this 5.0

Just picked up new Autolite AP25 plugs, Ford Racing 9mm wires, new MSD distributor cap and screamin demon coil - Any advice on what else to do is appreciated is welcome....Thinking BBK 65mm throttle body then BBK under pulley maybe

delling3

Reaction score
As for the suspension, you might check and see if they replaced the control arms (or bushings with Polyurethane bushings. These will creak/squeek/groan if they are not properly lubricated.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I could never get that darn ABS idiot light to go off. Even pulled each wheel and cleaned the sensors. So, I pulled the gauge cluster and removed the bulb! Result!
Regarding Issue #2, sounds like you’re heading in the right direction. Stay the course, see what those components remedy and that’ll dictate what, if anything more, you need to do.

Welcome aboard, btw and congrats on what sounds like a good find!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
FWIW, I could never get that darn ABS idiot light to go off. Even pulled each wheel and cleaned the sensors. So, I pulled the gauge cluster and removed the bulb! Result!
Regarding Issue #2, sounds like you’re heading in the right direction. Stay the course, see what those components remedy and that’ll dictate what, if anything more, you need to do.

Welcome aboard, btw and congrats on what sounds like a good find!

hopefully you never have your abs get a real problem as the light will not save you.

David - if filling the reservoir does not turn the light out its a simple process to do a diagnostic on the abs and it will tell you what is wrong and what to check. All you need is a paper clip or piece of wire and your key.