New to the mustang world few questions

Jevans55

Reaction score
Hello all. I am in the process of purchasing a 97 SVT Cobra that belonged to an uncle that passed away a few years back. I will be completely new to these cars. My uncle purchased the car new and it has been stored in a bubble in a garage since 1997. I plan to drive the car a little for cruise nights/car shows and such. My question is what would you go through on a car that has virtually no miles and has been in storage for 25 years?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
First off i want to point out how totally wrong it is not posting pics of said time capsule car. We love pics around here! Post some up man!

Second, welcome to the forums! Loads of info and great people hang around here.

Thirdly, do all the basics. Fluid changes, flushes, and update the soft parts like hoses and belts.

OP
OP
J

Jevans55

Reaction score
I will get photos up as soon as the car is moved to my shop. It is a time capsule car for sure. That was always his intention with it. I can remember him driving it once and trailering it every where else it went when I was younger.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Hello all. I am in the process of purchasing a 97 SVT Cobra that belonged to an uncle that passed away a few years back. I will be completely new to these cars. My uncle purchased the car new and it has been stored in a bubble in a garage since 1997. I plan to drive the car a little for cruise nights/car shows and such. My question is what would you go through on a car that has virtually no miles and has been in storage for 25 years?
NO MILES

are the factory papers on the windows of that car, is there still plastic on the seats
if everything is pristine shape with no damage and no miles
and i am going ask how old you are if your fairly young sitting on money later
the reason if you bubble it a while longer hold out that car will hit money
that's up to you i would leave it

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Welcome if it’s still in dealer plastic I’d leave it

OP
OP
J

Jevans55

Reaction score
The pics..I know. I will share pics of the car once I move it from my aunts house to my shop in a few weeks. The car is not still in dealer plastic. It was driven a little when my uncle first bought it but the miles are still very low for a 25 year old car, around 2,000 I believe. I still feel young (40) lol. For me owning this car is not about the money, its more about the sentimental value it holds to me. My uncle had a pretty nice mustang collection and this is my opportunity to keep this car in the family.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
even if it was, take it out and enjoy it. You don't have to make a daily driver out of it but as a legacy piece passed down from family I can tell you that you will enjoy it a little more than any other car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online