New to the site and I just purchased a 94 teal GT

coma4by

Reaction score
Hello all. Im new to the site and I guess you can say a born again Mustang owner. I owned a 94 Bright Blue Mustang back in 1997ish for a couple years. I purchased a Teal 94 GT about a month ago. I probably overpaid for it. It has 17k miles, eibach pros installed in 98, h-pipe, stock headers and catback, ford corbra chrome R's installed in 98, a k&n filter and supposedly a 3:73 gear. The speedo is off about 5 mph at 45 mph compared to my tundra. The suspension makes noise so I'm ordering about 1500 in items to go through the entire suspension. Motor is tight and doesn't smoke or leak. Here it is when it was delivered and after a quick bath.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That thing is beautiful! I would try to remove the door stopper things but it might cause you some trouble at this point.

I love Teal cars, especially when they look so pristine!

OP
OP
coma4by

coma4by

Reaction score
You know what is funny, it took me a while to even notice the guards. I actually read it on the window sticker and noticed it then. It has the block heater option as well. I saw the plug in for it which I won't be needing that in Florida.

The car overall is in pretty good shape. It has a few dings and a couple of touch ups but it's not bad. The auto history report shows no accidents but I have found some traces of paint work. To what extent, I don't know. It was a gamble I took buying the car from 1100 miles away and just looking at pictures and asking questions. Now that I've seen the car and driven it, I would not have paid the money I did for it. I would have tried to be about 1500 less than where I was at. It's probably the last time I'll ever buy a car without physically seeing it.

OP
OP
coma4by

coma4by

Reaction score
Nothing crazy at the moment. I just want to get the easy stuff corrected. So far, i have ordered the a full set of Bilstien struts and shocks including the quad shock. I bought the front and rear spring isolators and front sway arm bushings.

I am currently looking at buying the LMR SVE rear control arms and i'm undecided on whether to buy new front control arms or just replace the bushings and ball joints. Its not that much more just to buy new stock style control arms for the front than buying the bushings and ball joints. I think I'm going to buy a new set of eibach pro's to put back in it. The ones in the car now where installed in 98 so im thinking that they may need to be replaced just due to age and potential sag from just sitting for so many years. Once I have it apart and back together, I really dont want to take it back apart again. haha.

OP
OP
coma4by

coma4by

Reaction score
I dont know, That Orange is pretty sweet looking!

lutter94

Reaction score
Gotta say teal is prob the best color for these cars ;)

Looks great! What RPM's are you turning at a given MPH? We can figure out if they're 3.73's. Gotta know if its AODE or T5 though.

And don't take the door guards off, its not a bad body line.

Lanter

Reaction score
Welcome! I love the teal, man I would give almost anything for my car to be a cool color.... but I'm stuck with black the impossible color to keep clean lol

Lanter

Reaction score
Same boat...#blackcarproblems... if only I had BAB

For sure lol... My wish list for a SN color would be
#1 96 mystic
#2 97 rio red
#3 98 BAB
#4 CW
#5 Black
followed by PG, LR, Yellow ...

So I guess my car at least makes top 5 of my favorite colors lol.

Lanter

Reaction score
Wow gorgeous car. I would steer clear from SVE suspension stuff. Maximum motorsports FTW. Welcome aboard.

I'd second that. MM carries a heavy price tag but you'll have trouble finding nicer stuff that has as much engineering behind it. You won't be disappointed with MM bits.

OP
OP
coma4by

coma4by

Reaction score
Gotta say teal is prob the best color for these cars ;)

Looks great! What RPM's are you turning at a given MPH? We can figure out if they're 3.73's. Gotta know if its AODE or T5 though.

And don't take the door guards off, its not a bad body line.

Good Idea! I'll have to pay attention to the RPM's next time I take it out. It has a T5 in it.

I agree with the guards. They really dont stick out. They are probably rare. lol

OP
OP
coma4by

coma4by

Reaction score
You sir. Have the 2nd best color of 94/95 of all time. And you owned the best one before! Bright blue ftw! How much did you pay? Looks pristine man

I dont recall seeing many Bright Blue Gt's when I had mine. Still dont. I usually Saw V6 models in that color. Same with the Teal, but I did see a few more Teals in Gt form.

Cough Cough Ninety Cough Eight Cough Cough Hundred Cough Cough............. But here is a pick of the clean interior and engine.............

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online