NEW TOP AND TIRES PICS!!!

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
yeah, i know what you mean. my top was really bad and i needed a new one badly so i wjust whent for it. i believe the top itself is around $400-$500 bucks and it includes the top,back window,and new head liner. if you look around you might find it cheaper

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
car looks awesome man.. i agree though, you need some rear wheel spacers.. and after its all painted, your car will definitely look amazing!

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
ive tought about wheel spacers but im planning on going with a wider wheel so theres no point to buy them now. but yeah i would agree also. those back wheels sticking out a little more would look tits.

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea it would look good with wider wheels. O i seen that you could get the top for 150 and the back glass w/defroster for 150 from 5.0 resto. and i saw some in the MM*FF thing. Does anyone know if the 5.0 resto is a good thing?? thanks

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
50resto is a good place.. they have a lot of parts. i haven't ever bought anything from them but ive heard no complaints from them. i wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

94Vert

Reaction score
Looks good, I just replaced mine also. Mine was about 1K, but they did some other stuff that it needed. They replaced some weatherstriping and adjusted some of the windows so they would fit tighter.

voidfinger

Reaction score
so did the people do the windows too? what was the cost of that and were did you get the weather stripping? i would like to restrip the doors and top when i do do it though , kill two birds with a single stone.

97vertstang

Reaction score
94pacecar435 said:
ive tought about wheel spacers but im planning on going with a wider wheel so theres no point to buy them now. but yeah i would agree also. those back wheels sticking out a little more would look tits.
03 cobras ^-^

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94pacecar435 said:
thanks for all the feedback guys O0 .im keeping the car red. i just need to get the rear cobra bumper and a new passanger side fender then the hole car gets re-painted. im also thinking of putting black carpet and deleting the back seat. and maybe put some black seats in the front. i paid alot for the top($800 installed) from a local upholstry shop. it was the cheapest i could find.

Thats not a bad price, i paid alittle more but went with an upgraded sail cloth instead of the standard.

94Vert

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
so did the people do the windows too? what was the cost of that and were did you get the weather stripping? i would like to restrip the doors and top when i do do it though , kill two birds with a single stone.

Yea the shop did everything. It wasn't all the w. striping just a few pieces that were bad. I think just the top was like 850.00

94Vert

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
850 OMG that is like $$$$$

vert tops are expensive, especially with a glass window, you shouldn't buy one if you can't afford the maintanence

hardontires

Reaction score
enjoy those M/Ts while they last. those things burn up quicker than anyone wants them too.

voidfinger

Reaction score
94Vert said:
voidfinger said:

vert tops are expensive, especially with a glass window, you shouldn't buy one if you can't afford the maintanence

Well, i found my top, its around 400 from 5.0 resto and it has the glass with defogger. I didn't have a choice when i bought my car, i wanted a low milage car and didn't have a lot of money and my brother was wanting to sale this car and he gave me a deal on a 98 that had 20k on it that i couldn't refuse. that was in 99.

94Vert

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
94Vert said:
voidfinger said:

Well, i found my top, its around 400 from 5.0 resto and it has the glass with defogger. I didn't have a choice when i bought my car, i wanted a low milage car and didn't have a lot of money and my brother was wanting to sale this car and he gave me a deal on a 98 that had 20k on it that i couldn't refuse. that was in 99.

well yeah i found tops for 350-400 all day long but unless your gonna put it on it's not gonna do a lot for you. most shops make you buy a top from them or they won't put it on. It's quite an ordeal, i've done most of the work on my car and thats something i wouldn't do.

voidfinger

Reaction score
94Vert said:
voidfinger said:
94Vert said:
voidfinger said:

well yeah i found tops for 350-400 all day long but unless your gonna put it on it's not gonna do a lot for you. most shops make you buy a top from them or they won't put it on. It's quite an ordeal, i've done most of the work on my car and thats something i wouldn't do.

lol, they aren't going to tell me that i can't use my top. I'll laugh in their faces and go somewhere else. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online