new trend

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
its called nailing the tire, i guess it happened to me at work, i noticed it when i was waxing my car i saw an oldschool iron nail sticking out of the back tire its half in and half out, i got a question though do i get the hole plugged or just buy another tire, its sticking out right where the tread starts going up on the side

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
you can do whichever, plug it or buy a tire.. id just say plug it if its a small hole.

i dont really like the idea of plugs but they hold up fine.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
You could try to plug it, but I think it is to close to the sidewall. I have plugged allot of truck tires, and our rule of thumb was if it was within an inch of the sidewall change it. You might be better off getting a patch put on the inside.

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i dont want the plug coming out and then ruining the rim if it happens to blow, if i get a new tire im going to be prone to getting 2 new wider tires (i was planning to get wider tires after these go), right now i got 255's in the back and want 275's but at the same time these are kind of new tires (almost a year old), this is my dilemma

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
If it is anywhere near the sidewall please dont risk plugging it, especially not with one of those DIY kits. I worked at a tire shop for 4 years and any tire that came in with a hole in or near the sidewall got replaced or sent somewhere else.

S

scarface

if you plug a rear tire, a good burnout could pull it out and blow the tire.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:

thats true, but if its on the side where its not making contact with road he should be OK

S

scarface

Snakebit said:
scarface said:

thats true, but if its on the side where its not making contact with road he should be OK
All sides of my tires touch the road ;) if his isnt, he isnt cornering hard enough :D

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: taking the twisties with the new snake are we :khobra:

TheBab

Reaction score
Replace it..

Your safety.. or your girlfriend/wifes safety worth it?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TheBab said:
Replace it..

Your safety.. or your girlfriend/wifes safety worth it?

thats true, the reason I said keep it is because I have never had any problems with any tire plugs. And I have had dozens on my work trucks that see 50k miles a year over the last 12 years.....but I would not gamble with my son in the car so getting a new one isint a bad idea.

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
my ride on my walls a bit, and i dont have a g/f or a wife

live on the edge........plug it and hang on ;D
dude when ever you post i barely ever pay attention to what you say, cause trish keeps diverting me away from your knowledge

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
Snakebit said:
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
my ride on my walls a bit, and i dont have a g/f or a wife

live on the edge........plug it and hang on ;D
dude when ever you post i barely ever pay attention to what you say, cause trish keeps diverting me away from your knowledge

shes eye candy :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: I have had that avatar for quite a while now, i need a new one :)

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
it would be alot simpler to tell you to plug it or not if you had a pic...your description is kinda confusing to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online