new trend

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
its hard for me to understand where exactly your talking too but i have had tons of plugs with great results... i dont think i have ever had one come out or rip out.... ??? let someone else put it in for you ...when ever i take something to the shop to be worked on i ask them to check my tires... working construction i usually pick up a lot of crap lol... i have had tires that i needed to fill everyday plugs and hold great so im all for them... i have seen them put in correctly and not lol thats why i say let a shop or tire place do it

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I have a big staple in my tire and its loosing air daily. Its on my pretty much bald front tire.
The guy at the tire place said they cant plug it b/c of the low tread. Is that true? Or did they want me to buy a new tire from them??

Not meaning to jack the thread, but its on topic.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
well it can be true on a bald tire....it is a big long string if you will and they fold it in half and slide it in the hole...then the two ends hang out and they usually lay it between the tread but the guys that do mine trim them down and just let a little bit set in the tread i could see how no tread and a plug would be bad lol

S

scarface

Thats the reason I said it could pull out during a burnout...lol

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like it is too close to the sidewall to plug/patch...i replace mine when damaged in that area.

gt96stang

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Sounds like it is too close to the sidewall to plug/patch...i replace mine when damaged in that area.

yeah... If it's really close to the sidewall, I would say replace the tire.. I know when I had mine my tire shop said they couldn't patch it(which is better than plugs) because of how close it is to the sidewall.. That's how these low profiles go...

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i took it to 2 shops today and they said the patch or plug would just blow out from where the position is, i just bought a new tire, plus with the burnouts i think it would be alot safer

G

GREG@SN95

bigjohnson4.6gt said:
i took it to 2 shops today and they said the patch or plug would just blow out from where the position is, i just bought a new tire, plus with the burnouts i think it would be alot safer

lol...

just to let you know... NEVER put a plugged tire on the front... not safe...
unless its still got most of its meat... but could bite ya in the butt later on down the road... especially if yer on the highway

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.