New Truck

Awtblo

Reaction score
Picked up a new to me 06 6.0l truck from the dealer I work at, they were going to auction her off simply due to mileage. So I practically stole it. I personally have put a new turbo, FICM, Injectors, EGR cooler, and an Oil cooler on this truck while it was in the possession of the previous owner. She's all decked out, Lariat, Heated leather, all available options for the year except for moon roof and power sliding rear window.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Time to delete that EGR now! Haha nice ass truck. Happy to see all these 6.0s popping up on the forum today!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Awtblo

Reaction score
Time to delete that EGR now! Haha nice ass truck. Happy to see all these 6.0s popping up on the forum today!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Haha, I'll be deleting it at some point, but all those new goodies went on at 135k, and it's got 163k on it now. So I'll be keeping an eye on my delta's and worry about it later. I'm going into work tomorrow to install the "updated" fuel pressure regulator cover and "blue spring" to bump up the pressure at the injectors. I've put the kit in a few customers trucks and they all come out idling super smooth.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Right on man yeah if they were installed under 20k then you've got more than plenty of time to take care of it! I've heard lots of good things about the blue spring mod.. Thought about doing it to our tow rigs (both 6.0's). For the most part they idle smooth but hey every little bit you can squeeze out of it the better. Goodluck with this truck man sounds like you know quite a bit about them!

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Pretty awesome to get a truck that you personally did the work to, The perks of being a tech.

OP
OP
A

Awtblo

Reaction score
Thanks for all your kind words!

I saw your trucks picture in the "recent purchase" thread Smokedya, and your rig looks pretty nice to me. 06+ Ram with the 5.7 I'm thinking

Kill- Yeah, I know my fair share, if we get anything in the shop with a 7.3, 6.0 or 6.4 I'm usually working on them, there's only two of us that'll work on them. If they're in an E-series chassis run for your life.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online