new wheel and tire package question ??

xs man 27

Reaction score
hey guys I ordered a new set of staggered 18s wheels from lmr.com last fall with tires and haven't put them on yet.. two questions I have is ,, they came mounted and balanced from the lmr should I get an alighment when I install them or not needed ? and also for anyone with black colored wheels what wheel cleaner does everyone use on them that is good for the finish ? thanks

Sinned83

Reaction score
Get an alignment to make sure your tires wear evenly. Also sonax full effect is a awesome wheel cleaner and it's safe

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Two things. No you don't need an alignment. Two. Use normal car soap, safer on wheels and comes out clean.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You don't need a wheel alignment. But it never hurts and like stated above it'll make sure they wear evenly.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Unless you need an alignment, don't waste your money. I've had my car for almost 2 years, have had like 5 sets of wheels taken off & put on.. Never needed an alignment, tires wear fine.

Darhawk

Reaction score
You'll know if your car needs an alignment. You'll feel pull either left or right. Just make sure your air pressure it correct, that is more of a problem I'd say than alignment.

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
thanks guys for all the info... time to get to swap wheels and see how the fender gap is and if im going to swap out the springs in my car to H&R ss or not.... thanks again

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I use regular car wash on my wheels if I can wash it weekly. If not I may use some citrus cleaner to break up any brake dust if it is a few weeks between cleanings. I also wax my wheels with whatever cheaper wax I have laying around. When I get free samples of Megs etc with products I put them aside for wheels and other stuff.

Now if I had some $4000 dollar wheels I may use a specialized cleaner but I don't :)

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
drop top tony where did you get those black center caps ? wheels look sweet

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
lol I m sorry for mis spelling your name and calling you drop top tony instead of pony... my fault sorry again,,, didn't mean no harm..

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
drop top pony I saw your thread and I m looking into getting those black saleen style decals but the link you posted doesn't work anymore.. can you assist me on where else I may be able to purchase those decals for the center caps ? thanks

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
You'll know if your car needs an alignment. You'll feel pull either left or right. Just make sure your air pressure it correct, that is more of a problem I'd say than alignment.

Actually, in many cases there is no drift/pull present, nor a crooked steering wheel, but both the front toe angles are out of spec (out of alignment), resulting in irregular tire wear. The front end of a car can be slightly pigeon-toed (toe in), or toed-out and if it's fairly equal side-to-side the steering wheel can still be straight, but there will eventually be edgewear on the outside (toe in) or inside (toe out) of the tires.
To the OP, if you don't have any drift/pull and your steering wheel is straight, then just throw the wheels/tires on your car, and check the tire conditions in about 1000-2000 miles. If you notice one of the edges of the tire has a rougher feel, have the alignment checked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online