New Wheels for #71, not the norm

RichV

Reaction score

They're Konig 'Torch' wheels. 17x9.5 all 4. They are a 15mm offset. Gotta measure track width to make sure I'm legal front/back.

I actualy really like them. Good looking wheel, I like the spider-leg type spokes. They are a matte black and have machined silver 'V' on the inside of the spokes. Hope they hold up to racing, probably gonna get another set. Can't wait to get some tires on and see how they look with 275 TOYO RR tires.

What do you guys think?

SCHNAKE

Reaction score
Those are sweet Rich. cant wait to see them with tires and on the ground. when are you getting tires?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Those look great man, my buddy has a similar set on his s2000. I might become a copycat sometime down the road. They look pretty wide with the offset, you will have post some photos on the ground with tires installed when you get them!

OP
OP
RichV

RichV

Reaction score
Thanks!

Cheepie luggage scale says 21-22 lbs, not too bad I estimate with tire should be 45-50lbs per corner. I wanted to maximize width to the rules, which s 17"x9.5". Tire guy said that 1/2" will increase the contact patch, so that's not a bad thing!

Should have tires on in 3 weeks or so, the 275 RRs are about $265 each, so that's a big pill to swallow all at once. Fenders may need to be rolled in the rear with my 1.25" spacers.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They look really sweet, RichV! Looking forward to a couple pics of the whole car with them on :thumbsup:

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There's absolutely nothing about those wheels that I like. Spokey, black, odd angles; I think they're gonna look awesome though, haha! Very strange that I like them as much as I think I'm going to.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Given my inexplicable hatred of 5-spoke rims, anything with more than five spokes automatically gets a +1 in my book. I do really like the machined bare aluminum flute inside the "V", and I think they will look great on an SN.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online