Newbee To the community

98GEETEEPILOT

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Need help, im wondering if hoods come as fiberglass or metal, Mine has a fiberglass hood as stock appearance, wondering if i should vinyl wrap it, suggestions? thanks.......CP

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome!

I believe stock hoods came in metal, fiberglass are aftermarket. Actually my stock hood could have been fiberglass?
Vinyl wrap it if you like?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Welcome! I had a 95 v6 and currently have a 96 gt. both had fiberglass, I believe both were stock (crappy old paint matched the rest of the car)

OP
OP
98GEETEEPILOT

98GEETEEPILOT

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, im probably gonna go with the 3D carbon fiber Vinyl wrap in gloss black to match rest of the car, bought the car with hood painted a lighter shade of gunmetal, would like my car to be all one color for once with out having to paint........CP

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
welcome. all stock hoods are fiberglass as are most aftermarket hoods aside from the carbon fiber ones. Don't think I've ever seen metal hoods, but they do have a metal frame in them I believe.

410sn95

Reaction score
... but they do have a metal frame in them I believe.

No metal frame.

I have cut up a few stock sn95 hoods. The frame/structure is fiberglass. It is a double layer. The latch piece and hinge points are steel.

Fox bodies have steel hoods, though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online

No members online now.