newbie from California 1998 gt

myk

Reaction score
i don't even know what 35th anniversary wheels look like :) & i don't know yet to be honest it will be my daily driver and right now i'm just looking for ways to make the handling better(maybe have a like 270 whp goal later in life), have any suggestions on parts to help with handling?

You'll get a lot of feedback and suggestions on this, as you should, considering that there's a dizzying amount of options to go with, but I just bought Koni STR.T shocks and SR lowering springs from American Muscle. Is this the best combination? Probably not, but the ride and handling have never been better and the ugly 4x4 ride height with the 3.5 inches of gap between my fender and wheel are practically gone. What's your budget? I spent MAYBE $700 on the Koni's and SR springs.

Also, I'm planning a 270-ish horsepower level with a PI swap in the near future like you are. Keep us updated with your thoughts and progress...

OP
OP
steam29

steam29

Reaction score
You'll get a lot of feedback and suggestions on this, as you should, considering that there's a dizzying amount of options to go with, but I just bought Koni STR.T shocks and SR lowering springs from American Muscle. Is this the best combination? Probably not, but the ride and handling have never been better and the ugly 4x4 ride height with the 3.5 inches of gap between my fender and wheel are practically gone. What's your budget? I spent MAYBE $700 on the Koni's and SR springs.

Also, I'm planning a 270-ish horsepower level with a PI swap in the near future like you are. Keep us updated with your thoughts and progress...

what i was looking at where these
http://www.americanmuscle.com/powerstop-brake-kit-9498.html?source=igodigital

and 700 on springs and suspension sounds pretty good i may have to copy you. right now im just looking for some nice shocks (that wont break the bank) because you can feel every bump when you drive right now

edit1 :the springs are on sale right now cool may have to buy them

edit2: the shocks cost 745 alone.. thats a little much any other recomendations ?

myk

Reaction score
what i was looking at where these
http://www.americanmuscle.com/powerstop-brake-kit-9498.html?source=igodigital

and 700 on springs and suspension sounds pretty good i may have to copy you. right now im just looking for some nice shocks (that wont break the bank) because you can feel every bump when you drive right now

edit1 :the springs are on sale right now cool may have to buy them

edit2: the shocks cost 745 alone.. thats a little much any other recomendations ?

Make sure you're looking at the Koni STR.T shock; that's their entry level, basic non-adjustable shock. The adjustable Koni shocks are about $700. The Koni STR.T rears cost $68 each, and the fronts are $132 each, for a total of about $500. Add on the SR lowering springs for $156 and you've got it under $700. I did not change my isolators, and I did NOT have to use caster/camber plates to keep the Mustang straight on the roads. Keep in mind that American Muscle pulls off free shipping, but because we're all the way out here in Kommie-fornia, it'll take about a week to get to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online