Newbie from NJ

SNKEBIT

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 95 Cobra with a crank / no start issue. The car did start and ran for 10 minutes but I shut it down, it will not restart, just cranks. I can smell fuel. Plugs are dark. Fuel pressure is 40#s. I do have MSD dizzy & coil. Dizzy is new, coil is a year old. ICM module is from Motorcraft & is only a year old. I have OM dizzy w/ a brand new PIP & OM coil. Going to swap out MSD stuff with Motorcraft parts & plugs. Is it possible that MSD dizzy electronics are really that bad or maybe MSD coil is bad? Any other ideas than above mentioned is greatly appreciated.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Possible
Do you have Spark from your coil or not
Do you have spark at the plugs test the pick up inside of distributor
I'd test that first
Then move on to tfi on fender passenger side
Auto zone has the tester for it

OP
OP
SNKEBIT

SNKEBIT

Reaction score
I had strong spark at the plugs then it was very weak spark. I called a local AutoZone & she said they don’t test the TFI module anymore. Going to try a different local AutoZone. Thank you so much for the insight. Will keep you posted.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
have you checked for spark or the signal for it? A timing light can be used to see if its triggering, or a noid light can be borrowed from a parts store, or pull the plug and have a buddy crank it while you look and try not to get shocked.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I had strong spark at the plugs then it was very weak spark. I called a local AutoZone & she said they don’t test the TFI module anymore. Going to try a different local AutoZone. Thank you so much for the insight. Will keep you posted.
I'm guessing right now a week tfi or coil
Pick up in distributor usually out last coils tfi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online