Newbie with a special GT

AndrettiStang23

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Multiple mustang owner. Lurked around the site for awhile. Joining now. My pride and joy of my mustangs is actually my wife's mustang. Got it a couple weeks ago for a whopping $600. Needed an alternator, starter, and battery as well as a new top. It is an original 1995 Mustang GT Mario Andretti Edition. Only 44 originals. The last owner did not know it was that rare. Let me tell you, she was not happy when she found out. But anyways pictures, questions, and comments soon. Thanks guys

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Hey Andretti :D Welcome ...Glad you could join us! And you got beyond lucky with that Stang..I remember that edition..Along with a few other special edition stangs from back then 'Woodard Dream Cruise Edition' as well..Great find...When you can run a few pix of that Nice Vert.

OP
OP
AndrettiStang23

AndrettiStang23

Reaction score
Feel kind of stupid but how to post a picture in one of these replies?

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Feel kind of stupid but how to post a picture in one of these replies?
Lol..Don't feel that way...It's a newer site for you..The only way I know is setup a photbucket account and upload your photos there..Then you will see the option on the side.."Shared link" you will have 4 different links of that photo..Email & IM, Direct, HTML, and IMG..then just click the IMG and come back to the reply box ..etc and just right click and paste it. ..It will look like a whole bunch of number and letter etc..But when you click the Post tab..You will then see your picture.

OP
OP
AndrettiStang23

AndrettiStang23

Reaction score
I know that there were originally supposed to be 50 Mario Andretti Editions given away. There were only 44 made and given away from what I've learned. In 1995 Andretti was racing for Texaco so they made a deal with ford to give away his special edition. Scratch off tickets were given away to everyone who pumped gas at the Texaco and if all the numbers matched you won the car. I don't know much else. I know they all were red with black convertible tops. Tab and black interior. 5speed 5.0L. White pinstripping down the side which weaved into his signature at the back quarter panel. White mustang Gt on the back bumper. That's all
i know. I wish I was first owner, I would still have that ticket. With out the ticket they aren't worth as much as with it but I am proud to own 1 of 44 originals

OP
OP
AndrettiStang23

AndrettiStang23

Reaction score
Also a specific red 3 spoke special edition rim that can't be found anymore. I wish I could find them again. The last owner broke one on a curb.

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
I've never heard of these to be honest. Not much info on the internet either.
What's different about them?

Any other weird editions I'm also to aware of?
Hey Crazy Man :D everything good with ya? Haven't kick it with you in a min! Anyway Fords has always been the ones that like to have Special Edition Cars and Trucks for as long as i can remember. Most of the Mods are Paint/Sticker/Emblems/Interior etc..There are only a real few with Motor Mods
Here are a few that I can think of ..Starting with

Here's that Woodward Dream Cruise Edition

Here's one from 1982 with the Fila Thunderbird

Even the Mini van Had a Special Edition

So you see..Ford has always allowed Companys to put there Special Edition Packages on there cars...Lol..Hell even my old Mark VII LSC Special Edition
Other then the Emblem Change and Red Flake under the Paint was the only thing Special..And of course it only came in Black and Burgundy..and a Rare Silver back in the early 90's

OP
OP
AndrettiStang23

AndrettiStang23

Reaction score
Thanks for posting those :). I made a photobucket account but apparently it doesn't like working on my phone.

OP
OP
AndrettiStang23

AndrettiStang23

Reaction score
It being really weird
imagejpeg

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Feel free to Edit the post you just made and retry it..Don't forget to use just the IMG code..Just click it and it will copy...Then right click it in the post ..and thats it.

OP
OP
AndrettiStang23

AndrettiStang23

Reaction score
Do u have to be on a computer to do it? My phone lets me see the picture in my post but then when I send it is just a small box

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Lol.. I'm not sure how it works from your phone browser.. But I know it works fine if you used tapatalk app.. With the photobucket app..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.