Newest Guy FROM TEXAS!!!

330CubeGt

Reaction score
With all the New people flooding the forum from TEXAS I figured I would post up a Introduction thread to add to the madness.

Alright so, as some of you may know I'm not a "NEW" Member but as if Jan 13th 2014 This coming Monday.I will Officially be a Newb to Texas. I lost my job back in July 2013 and my fiancé wasn't making much money here either as good jobs can be hard to find here in Central Florida/ Orlando.Her family was in Texas and from the looks of things so was a brighter future for her career. So its going to suck to leave my family and friends behind but after just over 2 years of consideration we decided to pull the trigger and make the move.

This life changing move and purchasing my soon to be wife a brand new car was the most important thing in my life at this time, so if any of you are still scratching your heads as to why I parted out and sold the Cobra. It was to fund a new car and this somewhat costly move.

My fiancé has been out there for 3+ months working her new job as a HR/Administrative Assistant and luckily doing well enough to support us both. But I would love to get back to work a.s.a.p so that's partly why I posted this up early. I figured it was worth a shot to see if anyone on here knew of anyplace I could find work?

I will be living in McKinney, Tx about 35-40 Mins North of Dallas.

I have a lot of hands on entry level job experience From Working on Cars & Trucks, Building wake board Boats, Construction Work/Fabrication, Even some Customer Service type work at Disney World. Never went to college for any particular trade And I am trying to stay away from Automotive shops as I'm looking for a Daytime Mon-Friday type Schedule. So if you guys know anyone, great! If not wish me luck because I will be hunting for work as soon as I get there!

CWO

Reaction score
Glad you made it. I'm right down the street from you. Gotta check out Cars & Coffee in Plano on the first Saturday of every month, it's about 15 minutes from you.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nice man! congrats on the new shift in your life! :) Bright side: Texas has some MEAN ****ing cars.

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Glad you made it. I'm right down the street from you. Gotta check out Cars & Coffee in Plano on the first Saturday of every month, it's about 15 minutes from you.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Thanks, and I might check it out. My brother in-law is a gear head like me so maybe me and him can make it out there to check it out!

Shouldn't need any help, but thanks for the offer. I am making 2 trips this first trips just household type stuff and cloths. I'm leaving most of my tools, tool boxes and car parts and related stuff stored in my parents garage and I figured in 6 months or so when I have the time to make the 2200 mile round trip one weekend I will come back to get the rest of my junk.

nice man! congrats on the new shift in your life! :) Bright side: Texas has some MEAN ****ing cars.

Thanks a lot Chris, Texas has some bad ass cars and they race just about all year round to.Luckily there is a 1/8th mile track about 25 minutes away from where me and the old lady want to move .Im keeping my fingers crossed for having yet another mustang sometime later this year.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Tennant Co. is looking for a field service rep for Dallas. I have been with the company going on 11 years.

http://www.tennantco.com/am-en/Pages/default.aspx

Go to the company drop box, click on careers, under job listings click on field service and repair, and all the field service listings will pop up. There are 3 in Texas Dallas, Longview, and Waco.

Good luck with your move and search for a job.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Welcome to Texas. .. oil field is big money. The only thing is most of the work is out in west Texas. . It helps if you know someone already in the field.

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
I was in Dallas for 5 years and it's a great place to live. Very affordable, nice people and when you get your next Cobra, lots of flat land to cover. Good luck with the job search!

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
Hey man I tried to write back on my phone but it kept messing up.

I live ten mins from McKinney. Vally Ranch

I work at the Gaylord Texan, if you don't know what that is its the Resort along Grapevine Lake. I could pull a string or two if you become interested in that place at all.

I can answer any questions you have. The car life is sick out here btw. this is home of HPP and many other bad ass shops.

Would love to meet up sometime.

blackpony

Reaction score
Welcome! I work at truestreet in McKinney, if you get bored stop by the shop sometime and say hi. My name is Toby, I'm usually out in the shop turning wrenches. We are located south of 380 off of hwy 5 at the corner of chestnut and midway..

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
I was half tempted to seek out work at true street but all my tools are still in Florida. Maybe one day i will pop in and look for you. I have a Job interview close to your job tomorrow.

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Hey man I tried to write back on my phone but it kept messing up.

I live ten mins from McKinney. Vally Ranch

I work at the Gaylord Texan, if you don't know what that is its the Resort along Grapevine Lake. I could pull a string or two if you become interested in that place at all.

I can answer any questions you have. The car life is sick out here btw. this is home of HPP and many other bad ass shops.

Would love to meet up sometime.

Yea we had a Gaylord in Orlando aswell. What i name lol...

I have a job interview Friday but im open to just about anything. Looking for something with only working weekdays and $10+ An Hr atleast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online