Newest projects for the 94

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by 94yellow50, Jun 28, 2014.

1. DavidBoren

DavidBoren Active Member

The body color intake tube will look good. And so will a 4-point rollbar painted to match the red stripes on the seats.

2. 94yellow50

94yellow50 Member

The seats are a charcoal color. But personally I think they fit perfect with the inside. I wouldn't call the inside jet black anymore anyway so I guess maybe that has something to do with it. But they don't stick out like crazy or anything. As far as fitment I had to put new foam on the seat frames but they are original frames. Everything came from tmi products. I wouldn't say it was easy..but I had never done a bit of upholstery work and I got them done. Outside in the sun on a 90 degree day helped a ton as far as getting the front covers on. The backs I had to get a backseat from a new edge as the 94 to 98 back seat was glued and the newer was hog rings

3. 94yellow50

94yellow50 Member

For now there aren't any plans on a roll bar. Someday maybe if track times ever require it. But I don't race it that much so I would have to have a change of heart as far as the bar goes.

4. DavidBoren

DavidBoren Active Member

Man, I just like the thought of having a rollbar, because I dislike the thought of being T-boned... regardless of track times. It's not like getting into the back seat is easy anyways, and it's already uncomfortable once you finally crawl back there, so a simple 4-point rollbar isn't going to change the use of the back seats any. What it will change is the outcome of getting hit by a drunk driver slamming into your driver's side door at 45mph when they run a red light because they are day-drunk at 1pm on a Sunday afternoon. Yeah, rollbars are awesome.

5. 94yellow50

94yellow50 Member

Got it back in this weekend. Starting to see light at the end of the tunnel on this project.

[​IMG]

6. ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89 Legend

Looks awesome dude!