Next direction for street/track car

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I probably could have spent more time researching this stuff before I made the purchase, but I think I got what I need right now. Because of everything in this thread, t's become clear to me I'm not ready to build for the track yet. I think my setup will be enough for me to make the best of open track events, learn my car, and just enjoy it. Unfortunately there isn't a strong road race scene around here, and I only get about half the year to actually drive (hopefully I'll start seeing grass in about 5 months...). At least I can keep moving forward with a little more knowledge, and a better idea what's important. Thanks again!

ba#97

Reaction score
I know you already purchased the harnesses and all but for your application, with a set of nice seats that have some decent side bolsters these things work wonders.

http://www.cg-lock.com/autocross.html

these work just fine for an application like yours. did you purchase seats?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I know you already purchased the harnesses and all but for your application, with a set of nice seats that have some decent side bolsters these things work wonders.

http://www.cg-lock.com/autocross.html

these work just fine for an application like yours. did you purchase seats?

OP just missed out on buying a used set from me! Link But I concur, they work much better than the stock belt if one isn't prepared to go with harnesses just yet. However, I think OP has already purchased the harness kit.

ba#97

Reaction score
Minnesota.

what part of Minnesota? how far are you willing to drive? looks like you have Brainerd International raceway out there.

http://brainerdraceway.com/

looks like your nasa region is the Midwest region.

http://www.nasamidwest.com/season/

this will give you an idea of the tracks around you so you can research into clubs to run with at each track. you don't always have to run with NASA. there's usually plenty of track day clubs that run events year round.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Yep, I'm about an hour from BIR. I've been there tons of times as a spectator for various events, and finally drove it this last summer. Track days are just a little harder to find there. I usually spin through their schedule to see what's going on. There will be a few events throughout the year. Unfortunately, unless there's a hidden gem somewhere, BIR is about it for road courses in MN. I wouldn't be surprised if Road America is one of the next closest tracks.

ba#97

Reaction score
Yep, I'm about an hour from BIR. I've been there tons of times as a spectator for various events, and finally drove it this last summer. Track days are just a little harder to find there. I usually spin through their schedule to see what's going on. There will be a few events throughout the year. Unfortunately, unless there's a hidden gem somewhere, BIR is about it for road courses in MN. I wouldn't be surprised if Road America is one of the next closest tracks.

I found this. I haven't really looked that deep though. but looks like these guys run a somewhat consistent schedule at brainerd and offer driving school as well.

http://tracktimemotorsports.com/sto...-brainerd-international-raceway-bir-2014.html

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Yep, I plan to do the driving school through him. He offers a decent discount from what BIR charges. I may need to dig deeper, but I think he mainly just tries to organize a group for the driving school days.

Evilgt

Reaction score
Come down to Mid america or Motorsports park Hastings.

I have never been to either one but on trying to work it into my schedule this year. Mid America is only like a hour and a half from my home town.

Both are about a 8-10 hour drive for me however they are both on my bucket list of tracks that are close enough to me to make it in one day.

I cant take off enough time from work for any track that is more than a one day trip there and one day back.

RichV

Reaction score
Any track is worth a lesson. Definitely get all the experience you can!

ba#97

Reaction score
Yep, I plan to do the driving school through him. He offers a decent discount from what BIR charges. I may need to dig deeper, but I think he mainly just tries to organize a group for the driving school days.

you might want to call and verify cuz it seems like the do a track day type thing too. not just a school. but idk. yeah...usually running with clubs is a ton cheaper than trying to run through the track itself.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
Is there a specific event you're looking at? I haven't really looked at the 2015 calendar yet.

OP
OP
V

v6mustang94

Reaction score
I think the big public events are Powercruise USA and MAP Proving Grounds. However, Powercruise is an open cruise, but MAP does some time trial stuff. There are a few clubs (Audi, Porsche, and Vette) that do private events. Not sure how easy it is to get in with them though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online