Next Steps

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Heya all!

I'm finally 100% done with college. After the party (and recovery) I'll have about 500% more time to dedicate to the forum :)

I've missed all you butt lovin' turd nuggets!

Anyways, here's the next few steps were takin':

#1) May Memorial -- Getting that up today.
#2) June ROTM
#3) Knuckles' Memorial Raffle

If you guys have any input or other ideas, just run 'em by me! :)

Best,
Chris

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Congrats! Have fun paying back the loans, that's when graduating really sank in for me man

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I graduated around 2001 from tech school. It was all such a whirlwind of action between the interviews leading up too it(thankfully the economy was kicking then and I had 3 offers to choose from), to the graduation to finally leaving the low paying BS install job I had at the same place for 3 yrs, packing up and leaving the town I had lived in for 20+ yrs. For me it was when I arrived at the sweet ass apartment I could afford in AZ on July 4th 2 weeks prior to starting with relocation money in my pocket. It was a good time for sure....

What was your major? How are the job prospects?

RichV

Reaction score
Congrats Chris! Now time to grow up!! Boo.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Congrats dude! Well hopefully you get a good paying job so you don't have to be here more than you already are lol.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Congrads Chris. That's gotta feel good!

Like I just took the world's largest crap, to be specific. LOL.

Congrats! Have fun paying back the loans, that's when graduating really sank in for me man

Luckily I dont have much loans. $13,000.00. It's a large chunk of change, but nothing compared to my friends pushing 6 figures...

I graduated around 2001 from tech school. It was all such a whirlwind of action between the interviews leading up too it(thankfully the economy was kicking then and I had 3 offers to choose from), to the graduation to finally leaving the low paying BS install job I had at the same place for 3 yrs, packing up and leaving the town I had lived in for 20+ yrs. For me it was when I arrived at the sweet ass apartment I could afford in AZ on July 4th 2 weeks prior to starting with relocation money in my pocket. It was a good time for sure....

What was your major? How are the job prospects?

dude. that's a sweet story... im glad that it went so well for you!

I got two undergrad degrees, International Business and Marketing. Followed it up with an Economics Minor (which is meaningless. I just got it because it was one more class.)

The prospects are pretty good in the business world. Companies that are too small to outsource are constantly looking for graduates to work for low-wage. So, paying the bills shouldnt be a problem; its building stability and a career that might become difficult. lol.

Congrats Chris! Now time to grow up!! Boo.

Congrats MC!!

Congrats dude! Well hopefully you get a good paying job so you don't have to be here more than you already are lol.

Thanks for the well wishes guys! :) I look forward to not wondering where my next meal is coming from. LOL.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's cool it did work well for me, timing though is everything. If I had pushed back my start date just a month they were calling people and paying them NOT to take the offer they gave. Don't get me wrong it would be cool to get paid to do nothing, but then the downturn started and after that it was all down hill. I quit there in 09 because of my chrones and now hearing how my friend with a PHD in theoretical chem, his wife a PHD in biology are worrying about finding funding for the studies that fund their jobs every 4-6 yrs is just nuts. I would have though a phd meant a lifetime of well paid employment but that's not the case now.

Sinned83

Reaction score
When I graduated I went on a 3 week meth binge! J/k congrats man

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
When I graduated I went on a 3 week meth binge! J/k congrats man

Funny enough that is what it seemed like to me. The excitement of finally getting a good paying job, leaving behind everything I had known and headed west for 2 weeks to set up and party down with cash in my pocket to do it for the first time in years. I also forgot to mention that the reason I got my shtuff together was because I had a serious motorcycle wreck 3 yrs earlier that almost killed me, and put my horribly in debt as I had no insurance on the bike, nor on myself... I ended up paying back $18k in debt while I was at school, actually made the last payment 2 months prior.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck. I was contemplating on working towards my masters, but soon realized that if I'm going to be self employed, there's really no point. I was about ¾ of the way through the bachelors program, but I quit after I got my associates ... which turned out to be nothing more than a complete waste of time, money and energy. Nobody gives a shit about college educations any more.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats holmy, now that you are done chasing little boys at school you can get to work round herrrr ya know.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
On a serious note if I see any jobs with my company (Amtrak) pop up in Denver I will let you know. We are always looking for recent Business/Marketing grads to jump into entry level management positions. Most of those jobs come up on the East Coast but occasionally the Denver area needs peoples too and it would look good on the resume.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Shit dog. I'd relocate for a job. lol.

And my dad runs a transportation company which specializes on rail-based cargo. I've been on a few railyards in my day ;)

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I graduated, and the police academy is in October. Once I'm hired, I get a little bit of $$ every year towards education. I'll just let the tax payers finish out my masters one class at a time. By the time I finish (roughly 5 years) it will actually be useful for a pay raise. IE, with the county I'm trying to work in, a masters does nothing until you've been there for at least 5 years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online