nic - 17 year old - 96 Mustang GT Build up!

nic

Reaction score
Whats up guys I am nic and I am new to SN95 forums! I am pretty excited to check out everything and thought I would show you what I do with my car along the ways..

The Start

I was given this 1996 Mustang GT from my grandpa with 87k Miles unfortuantly it is an auto... I didnt get to choose and it was a gift so i wont complain... I would like to swap my transmission to manaul though so if you know anything help me!!! It was fully unmodded in amazing condition for 20 years old. I do not know a lot about cars compared to most of you but I am learned and have learned a little for what I have done. The first thing I did was put on an X-Pipe with magna packs and cut it about midway... Not sure the correct term but its really loud and I love it.

- Picture I took before work one day! Laser Red baby

The next thing I did was install a cold air.. I do not have a picture but here is a link to it! http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-cai-9604gt.html
The same night i installed this http://www.americanmuscle.com/94muchsp.html my friend and I finished pretty late it was really fun to do. I was shocked it worked good :p!

Black Glossy Stripes and Mustang GT Sticker

A week after I had these put on.. I attempted to do them myself but unprepared it was a bad mistake and expensive one. I think so far these few mods have helped the look of my car a lot. The mustang gt sticker i did myself and came out meh.
frontblack_zpsgbwcued7.jpg
[/URL]

Next on my list is Halo LED with black housing and lowering springs to give it a nice aggressive look and increase handling!
What do you guys think?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Keep OEM headlights, or if you are so hellbent on replacing them, just get the oem looking ones with black housing. Those halo headlights are the worst thing to happen to an aftermarket community.

Reaction score
those are so sick holy shit they would look dope with my stripes? :D

yes

do you have 4500 to spend on rims alone though? hahah

get something like these though youll be good

SVE drift
sve-1007db_3290.jpg

xxr 531

53179542N1-2.jpg

xxr 526

526FBLK5H18105202.jpg

SVE series 1 (probably impossible to find)
sve-1007sck_7566.jpg

SVE 10th anniversary cobra rims

sve-1007em-k_1beb2755.jpg

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, we are happy to help. I was in your boat once on this forum, but with a much worse starting platform.

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score
Seat Covers and Engine Picture

The seat covers are pretty cool, and fit nicely for the bucket seats until I get actual racing seats.
And the other is a picture of my engine.. I would like to clean it up.. And u can see my black cold air intake!

What in the engine should I upgrade? Bolt ons they are called right?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
At your age, I wouldn't be worried about doing many "upgrades"

I would probably look at doing gears in the rear end, switching to 3.73 or 4.10.

I would also get a PI intake manifold.

The thing is, you have a car that's nice and reliable. I would keep it clean and just drive it.

Sure, lower it, do wheels, the basics, but I wouldn't go crazy at your age. I would save for a super charger and skip all the nickel and dime bolt on parts.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I should also mention, skip the underdrive pulleys. The few hp they get you is not worth the extra strain on your accessories, namely the alternator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online