nic - 17 year old - 96 Mustang GT Build up!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
373s...the 410s are too much for a dd... g36 monkey are you saying i shouldnt get the UDPs?

I don't ever recommend them to anyone. But some (few) swear by them. I know I won't ever go near them. Not worth the minimal gains. And "too much for dd" is very subjective. What is too much for you might not be for him, vice versa.

Nitrous. Fun, fast and a cool way to get high with your friends.

Forgot to mention this, but I might worry about a sort of pieced together install given a 17 y/o budget. And no, I am not meaning to put anyone down. We were all there once, trying to go fast while in high school. Nitrous is not a bad option though, and these cars do love it. I am just not a huge fan.

how much for supercharger

All depends on what kind you want, and new or used. I prefer roots style blowers, but they sometimes have a tendency to be a little more pricy without such a top end power number. However, their power delivery is more consistent with that of a naturally aspirated motor.

A centri blower is good, but has lag. However these can be cheaper and make more power than roots blowers, I just don't like the lag that they sometimes have.

Then of course there are turbos, which are also very good. They, generally speaking, can net the most power out of a combo, but are typically the most finicky systems to piece together.

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score
can u link me or something to something good but budget friendly if it exist

chris91

Reaction score
Shit, you can pick up a used Vortech setup all day long for 2-2500. And to say 4.10's are too much is bs. It's a 2v, they love the taller gears.

Welcome to the site! Nice start!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I had 3.73's in my car when it was a DD. I drove 75 miles to work, one way and it was pretty much all interstate at 80mph+. The gears were perfect.

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score
Shit, you can pick up a used Vortech setup all day long for 2-2500. And to say 4.10's are too much is bs. It's a 2v, they love the taller gears.

Welcome to the site! Nice start!

If i did put a super charger in my car what should i change out for it to be able to handle better

Reaction score
410s are good to get you up there in rpms, but I think 373s are the best for dd as well as get up and go if you want more than 355s. Especially if you get a blower. I've had both 373s and 410s (first and current car respectively) and I enjoyed my first car and step dad's car more drive wise.

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score
410s are good to get you up there in rpms, but I think 373s are the best for dd as well as get up and go if you want more than 355s. Especially if you get a blower. I've had both 373s and 410s (first and current car respectively) and I enjoyed my first car and step dad's car more drive wise.
3.73 even if i were to plan to get super charger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online