nic - 17 year old - 96 Mustang GT Build up!

Reaction score
^good idea lol. Or a reputable shop that specializes in rear end stuff. Make sure you buy the kit from AM because it has everything you need for the work to be done properly

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score
^good idea lol. Or a reputable shop that specializes in rear end stuff. Make sure you buy the kit from AM because it has everything you need for the work to be done properly
i just dont wanna leave my car :( how long does it take once in and worked on with no delay

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
A good shop can have a rear end gear change done in just a few hours. But if you are that far into it, you should replace the clutch packs in the T-Lok as well. I imagine you will be somewhere in the $600 range between parts and labor on a gear change, however it is easily the most bang for buck upgrade.

I agree on the blower, you can find used vortech kits fairly cheap all the time. A vortech with a PI intake and you should be good for mid 300 to low 400 all day long.

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score
A good shop can have a rear end gear change done in just a few hours. But if you are that far into it, you should replace the clutch packs in the T-Lok as well. I imagine you will be somewhere in the $600 range between parts and labor on a gear change, however it is easily the most bang for buck upgrade.

I agree on the blower, you can find used vortech kits fairly cheap all the time. A vortech with a PI intake and you should be good for mid 300 to low 400 all day long.
mid 3 to low 4!!! what tthat is nuts hopefully ill get it done within a year the gears i could do in a months

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score
i want to i just need to find a decent super charger idk XD

chris91

Reaction score
Never fear the gear. I'm telling you, you'll put 3.73's in and want more. They can be daily driven with no problem in a 2v or 4v. I ran 4.10's with a Vortech S-Trim in my 94 and it was fine. Yeah it was a little higher in the RPM's, but nothing crazy. I think it's something like 4-500 difference in rpm's from the 3.73 to 4.10.

No one has asked yet but is your car a stick or auto?

chris91

Reaction score
He stated in the first page it's an auto Chris..or at least he told me in the pm. Roots, twin screw and centrifugal are the styles of supercharger

Umm you might wanna go back and read again because he didn't... And being it's an automatic he should most definitely go with 4.10's....

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score
Yeah its auto.. It was a gift so its cool but I would like to swap my transmission to manual.. Help rofl

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score
Umm you might wanna go back and read again because he didn't... And being it's an automatic he should most definitely go with 4.10's....
i just added it in that it is auto and stated it was a gift so im just grateful.. Want to swap transmissions for sure tho

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online