nic - 17 year old - 96 Mustang GT Build up!

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Holy crap guys......start slow, enjoy the build....dont forget suspension stuff and brakes. Going fast is all good but if you cant stop youre playing with fire. Sfc's, (sub frame connectors), rear upper and lower control arms and a cobra brake swap is a good start. If youre going to swap to manual rethink your gear ratio. A t45 swap is easy peasy just need the peddle assembly and clutch cable kit with a good clutch. Im one for spending once so for that reason and i personally think 410's are to low id go with the 373's. With those few mods youll see a huge difference! Then save your money and go for the boost, or build your motor n/a if you want. Possibilities are endless.

Im with monkey on the positive displacement blowers. Not a big centri guy

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I doubt you will be swapping any 5.4 engines soon. Put some gears on the car and maybe a few boltons you will be plenty good for a 17yr old to tool around town in. Go easy on the aesthetics your taste will change quite a bit as you get older. Your on the right track though. Suspension will be another great thing to plan ahead for. Best thing for you to do now is detail that engine bay! Run over to your auto parts store and spray that thing down with some purple power.

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score
Holy crap guys......start slow, enjoy the build....dont forget suspension stuff and brakes. Going fast is all good but if you cant stop youre playing with fire. Sfc's, (sub frame connectors), rear upper and lower control arms and a cobra brake swap is a good start. If youre going to swap to manual rethink your gear ratio. A t45 swap is easy peasy just need the peddle assembly and clutch cable kit with a good clutch. Im one for spending once so for that reason and i personally think 410's are to low id go with the 373's. With those few mods youll see a huge difference! Then save your money and go for the boost, or build your motor n/a if you want. Possibilities are endless.

Im with monkey on the positive displacement blowers. Not a big centri guy

yeah im saving right now the 4.10s catch my eye and i read reviews for being amazing for automatic.. that and lowering springs are next

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score
I doubt you will be swapping any 5.4 engines soon. Put some gears on the car and maybe a few boltons you will be plenty good for a 17yr old to tool around town in. Go easy on the aesthetics your taste will change quite a bit as you get older. Your on the right track though. Suspension will be another great thing to plan ahead for. Best thing for you to do now is detail that engine bay! Run over to your auto parts store and spray that thing down with some purple power.
yeah if u read above thats my plan for now i dont work a lot so i dont make much

Reaction score

LOL hahah tool

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Going fast is overrated.

What you really wanna do is slam this thing on the ground, camber the front wheels. Add a big windshield banner, multiple stickers, and some plastidip or maybe a wrap. Start vaping too, smoking cigarettes isn't cool anymore.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Going fast is overrated.

What you really wanna do is slam this thing on the ground, camber the front wheels. Add a big windshield banner, multiple stickers, and some plastidip or maybe a wrap. Start vaping too, smoking cigarettes isn't cool anymore.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lmfao, make sure to wear white sunglasses and flat bill hats too

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I ordered one 3 months ago and still haven't gotten it. It's a really long wait period, the black and gold plate really upped the demand. Whatever you pick, make sure you really like it, because it will be a while before you get it.

neverenuff

Reaction score
373s...the 410s are too much for a dd... [MENTION=10997]g36 monkey[/MENTION] are you saying i shouldnt get the UDPs?
If you are going to change the accessory drive components- change the water pump to an electric one. Best gain and zero stress on the alternator, ps pump

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What do you like? Is your car male or female? Do you like the fact it's red and want to allude to that? Do you want to make it a pun? Like "slowbra" for example. Maybe...wait for it...

Wait

For

It

CRDCTRL (crowd control)

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score
What do you like? Is your car male or female? Do you like the fact it's red and want to allude to that? Do you want to make it a pun? Like "slowbra" for example. Maybe...wait for it...

Wait

For

It

CRDCTRL (crowd control)

its too mean to be a girl.. crdcntrl ROFL

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score
going to to the tjhunt smurf shanks and danny meet up this saturday anyone else?

Nighttrain

Reaction score
my mom is mean enough xd

Thats not right.....have you priced out a t45 yet? Can probably pick one up pretty cheap to get started on the swap. Not sure when you were planning it. Oh......ill say it again sfc, besides gears thatll be the biggest thing youll notice driving the car. Totally helps with cornering.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online