nic - 17 year old - 96 Mustang GT Build up!

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score
Thats not right.....have you priced out a t45 yet? Can probably pick one up pretty cheap to get started on the swap. Not sure when you were planning it. Oh......ill say it again sfc, besides gears thatll be the biggest thing youll notice driving the car. Totally helps with cornering.
is that the manual swap? I have not yet. I have a few things id like to get starting with the 4.10 gears... I also want to find a super charger kit but having no luck

Reaction score
is that the manual swap? I have not yet. I have a few things id like to get starting with the 4.10 gears... I also want to find a super charger kit but having no luck

t45 is our model year manual trans yes. honestly you should go get that transmission swapped before the supercharger. that can wait. doing the swap will be fairly cheap and kinda simple if youre mechanically inclined. give yourself a list Nic and stick by it.

honestly what i think you should do first is get some lowering springs. that will make the world of a difference in handling and looks. dont forget to get caster camber plates too. then get that transmission swap done AND THEN get your blower. also if you can find a nice set of rims you like get those too. i recommend 18s and 275s on all 4 corners and if not then get 265s up front or if 18s arent in a budget then 17s with again 275s all around or 265s all around if you cant do 275 and bigger (only 275 up front, any bigger and youll have fitment issues on stock components). better traction and handling will help you not go into a wall or ditch so long as you know how to handle your car.

make a list

follow it

get ideas and brainstorm from here but at the end of the day its your car, your decisions and your (maybe) money

Reaction score
also i think since you have an auto you may have 327s in the car. if you lived closer i wouldnt mind trading you my rear with 410s for your rear with 327s. id swap them out eventually anyways, but that way i dont have to take the 410s out and sell them lol

Nighttrain

Reaction score
also i think since you have an auto you may have 327s in the car. if you lived closer i wouldnt mind trading you my rear with 410s for your rear with 327s. id swap them out eventually anyways, but that way i dont have to take the 410s out and sell them lol

This! That would be a deal [MENTION=21754]nic[/MENTION]. Im not going to knock you because at your age all i wanted to do was go as fast as possible too. But if the car.....and you(no offence) cant handle the extra power, its better to get the car up to par first. Now that i got my dad moment out of me, have fun with it. Even the small things make the car better, and yours at the same time.

OP
OP
nic

nic

Reaction score
This! That would be a deal nic. Im not going to knock you because at your age all i wanted to do was go as fast as possible too. But if the car.....and you(no offence) cant handle the extra power, its better to get the car up to par first. Now that i got my dad moment out of me, have fun with it. Even the small things make the car better, and yours at the same time.
rofl brakes and suspension on the list somewhere

Reaction score
Brakes are important. Instead of getting the 13 in cobras get the 14 in s550 brakes. Similar in price and probably way better than the cobras. Look at [MENTION=17526]Pete@FTR[/MENTION] and his build. His company makes custom brackets to fit 14in s197 and now s550 brakes on our cars. (05-17)

Reaction score
I'll be picking up a set of those 14 in eventually unless the time calls to get my 6 piston wilwoods. Just waiting for Pete to make an official bracket for the s550 brakes... *cough*...pete...

Reaction score
Nice. I'd get a actually 4 or 6 point roll bar if I were you though. Also check out carid. They're a site sponsor and they have tons of seats for usually ridiculously good prices among many other parts

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Agree with frankie....and while AM is a great company, ive never had any issues with them they arent always the best price

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Just to clarify real quick, I dont think the 8.8 got 3.27's until '99. My auto '98 had 3.08's in it.

lutter94

Reaction score
Just to clarify real quick, I dont think the 8.8 got 3.27's until '99. My auto '98 had 3.08's in it.
In 94, your choices were 273s or 327s. Mine had 327s. I can't say that cobras didn't get an option for a different gear. But I know the standard/optional choice anyways

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
In 94, your choices were 273s or 327s. Mine had 327s. I can't say that cobras didn't get an option for a different gear. But I know the standard/optional choice anyways

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wow, ok. Disregard what I said then. I didnt know that. Ive built an auto 96 and two different 98's and all those had 3.08's so I figured that was the gear option for them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.