Nick's 98gt Full Budget Built Turbo 2v

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
These are the new back wheels I will be using for the radial classes I plan to participate in this year. My slicks are on the other ones.

f4f7ab204f0328029f20e37a16acce39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AStangThang

Reaction score
These are the new back wheels I will be using for the radial classes I plan to participate in this year. My slicks are on the other ones.

f4f7ab204f0328029f20e37a16acce39.jpg

I like those man. If your looking from the back of the car, do the wheels come out to meet the fender lip or are they still sitting in some? Do you still have the 96-98 rear end or 99-04? Sorry for the questions, but I'm trying to get to know everyone and their rides. I'm a member of All ford mustang forum, but it seems to be dead there, so I signed up here. I like this forum a lot. Nice car man, I don't see many of the blue GT's like yours, mostly black like mine.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Good looking wheels for sure. What kind are they?

AStangThang

Reaction score
Thanks man, They stick out just enough where the tire will just barley tuck behind the lip of the wheel well.
Sweet man, I guess I'm old school lol. I like to look as stock as possible even though my wheels are "new edge wheels", but your average car guy doesn't know. The old man I bought these from, purchased knock-off cobra R's for his 16 year old son when he bought him the GT. My Wheels/His car had like 10k miles on them, and he boxed 'em up in the R's boxes lol. The old man just thought they was some old shitty stock wheels haha. I paid hardly nothing for them, and they didn't even have a scratch, lucky me. I do like your wheels a lot, they kinda remind me of some weld pro-stars that I had on my Fox long ago. What type of fire are you going to run ?0204191241a.jpg 0204191241a.jpg

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Sweet man, I guess I'm old school lol. I like to look as stock as possible even though my wheels are "new edge wheels", but your average car guy doesn't know. The old man I bought these from, purchased knock-off cobra R's for his 16 year old son when he bought him the GT. My Wheels/His car had like 10k miles on them, and he boxed 'em up in the R's boxes lol. The old man just thought they was some old shitty stock wheels haha. I paid hardly nothing for them, and they didn't even have a scratch, lucky me. I do like your wheels a lot, they kinda remind me of some weld pro-stars that I had on my Fox long ago. What type of fire are you going to run ?View attachment 663 View attachment 663

Those are a great stocker wheel. Hard to find those in good condition.

The polished wheels will have 28x10.5 555rs so I can run the radial class. My other wheels have some M/T stiff wall slicks.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I noticed the transmission has the dowel pins in it, don’t let that mess you up if you also have the dowels in the engine block.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
How much longer is the 56? Did your 45 go bad?

I know the driveshaft needs to be shortened at least 1/4 of a inch when going from a t45 to a t56. Surprisingly my t45 is still in great shape. I just knew it probably wouldn’t last after this years abuse I would put it through.

AStangThang

Reaction score
I wonder about machining the yoke down? T45 is actually a good transmission, single shift rails are sweet, t56 is a single rail also. I have the cobra spec t45 which is no different, I bought a crossmember from Stifflers so it will move the mount back to fit the cobra spec.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I wonder about machining the yoke down? T45 is actually a good transmission, single shift rails are sweet, t56 is a single rail also. I have the cobra spec t45 which is no different, I bought a crossmember from Stifflers so it will move the mount back to fit the cobra spec.

They actually have different spline output shafts. The Tick level 3 T56 being a 30 and the t45 a 31. The ford factory t56 are 27 spline

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online