Nick's 98gt Full Budget Built Turbo 2v

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
And their is the down fall of x-pipes. The h-pipes just need to be adapted

Aint that the truth lol

Got bored lastnight and through on my Mach1 chin spoiler, first time showing my freshly painted front bumper :). Also was able to score a new set of Tokiko HP shocks for 40 bucks! Tomorrow I will be receiving some goodies that will put the topping on the cake for the mustang..... more to come

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Finally the final large expense showed up for the blue beast and after 5 long months this car has touched the ground :). Took the car for a short test drive around my neighborhood.... I dont have an exhaust yet so its just straight piped, also dont have registration and insurance yet so I didnt go far lol. Car ran very well, I still need to bleed the brakes just a bit. Today I'm going to the courthouse to get it registered and then insured. Hopefully next week I will be able to get it into to the exhaust shot to fab up my x-pipe and catback....... And dont worry headlights are on the way hopefull will show up today or tomorrow lol

Car still has 5 months worth of dust buildup

KF5S1uB.jpg

cd2rfE1.jpg

c68Pp03.jpg

zVT7n5j.jpg

gbsOQ9L.jpg

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Spent the better half of the evening buffing the car yesterday. The paint is slowly coming back to life. Its amazing how much dirt and grime can make its way into the clearcoat when paint is poorly maintained.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
PICS OR BS

Lol Its a stormy crappy week here in Iowa. Hopefully I can pull it out this weekend for some pics.

I got the car back from the exhaust shop after having my exhaust fitted. This is with Mac Longtubes / Lethal Performance o/r X-pipe and Pypes Street-Pro Stainless Cat-back dumped before the rear axle. In my opinion it doesnt sound much like a modular more like a pushrod 5.0, I'm thinking due to the dumps but regardless I like :)

[video=youtube;dWKV4H7kYW8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWKV4H7kYW8[/video]

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Took the car to work today. Now that I'm getting some seat time with this thing I'm starting to notice the uncomfortable vibrations of the solid motor mounts. Feels badass when you start the car up but damn its a bit jittery cruising around lol....

gOpsmAP.jpg

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Oh come on....the feel is a solid connection between man and machine. Fully connected! ...youll get use to it. Your car looks awesome! Probably sounds good as its looks.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Great to see you are driving it after all that work. I wish My AB paint looked that good...

Jubert

Reaction score
when you installed your 4.2 from the lincoln did all of your wiring connect to the engine or were some wires changed ?

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
when you installed your 4.2 from the lincoln did all of your wiring connect to the engine or were some wires changed ?

The only connections that stayed with the car I believe was the crank positioning sensor, cam position sensor and the oil pressure sensor. The crank and cam positioning sensor was the exact same as the 96npi. The oil pressure sensor needs to be swapped over which it just unscrews so it was easy. If you ever plan on doing this swap I would recommend matching the engine manufactures Romeo to Romeo or Windsor to Windsor as they do have some differences between the valve covers and flywheel bolts. I was lucky and found a Romeo pi which is what my npi was. I also had to modify the metal coolant hose that comes out the back of the water pump so that it would match up with the heater core rubber hose. wasn't too big of a deal they bend fairly easily you just have to be careful. Hope that helps!

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Oh come on....the feel is a solid connection between man and machine. Fully connected! ...youll get use to it. Your car looks awesome! Probably sounds good as its looks.

Haha yeah I'm sure I will and thanks!

Great to see you are driving it after all that work. I wish My AB paint looked that good...

Me too for sure! And the paint still has plenty of defects, there are dings here and there and a good amount of scratches. May get my rear bumper resprayed sometime this summer as I had a dent I pulled out this winter and I noticed that the paint had spider web cracked pretty good.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Got my windows tinted lastnight. Much much better. Drove the car about 60mi down the highway, she runs like a champ!

n6saAz3.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
How do I know if my engine is romeo or Windsor?

You have a V6 right? You were asking about swapping a 4.2 V6 like out of an f150 right?

Here is a very detailed thread on the differences between the two...... http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l...e-interesting-stuff-you-may-want-to-know.html

Easy identification is the location of the oil fill tube. Windsor blocks have them on the passenger side and Romeo on the drivers. Romeo's have a 11 bolt valve cover and I believe Windsors are 13.

As stated above, I'm pretty sure he got mixed up and was asking about a 4.2 V6 swap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.