Nick's 98gt Full Budget Built Turbo 2v

d.garza18

Reaction score
Not sure if you have Instagram, but check out midway mustangs! Always selling some sweet coyote packages. They have a 2015 motor with manual trans and hellion twin kit for $11,500 right now

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
What’s your plan for electronics with the coyote? Are you going to do a stand alone system or use the ford control pack?

I would actually like to get your thoughts on this.... The ford control pack costs around 1750 with the engine harness included , and with an Nguage to pair for tuning would be around $2300 . Are there any options out there for the same price in standalone format? Whats nice about the control pack is it comes with pretty much everything needed even the gas pedal for the electronic TB.

Last edited:

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
What are your plans for boost? I know you’re not leaving this n/a lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Not sure if you have Instagram, but check out midway mustangs! Always selling some sweet coyote packages. They have a 2015 motor with manual trans and hellion twin kit for $11,500 right now

I have heard of midway mustangs they are only about a 2 1/2hr drive from me actually. That 15 motor paired with the hellion kit sounds pretty sick however I'm looking to start small right now. 13 up mustang or f150 engine and getting it running is my main goal right now. I already have a built 6spd to put behind it.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
What are your plans for boost? I know you’re not leaving this n/a lol

Well of course not lol. I was really happy with my CG fab kit so I plan on going with their coyote swap hot side. and Building everything else myself.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Well of course not lol. I was really happy with my CG fab kit so I plan on going with their coyote swap hot side. and Building everything else myself.

That’s awesome. Looking forward to it. Gonna try to get a gen 2 or gen 3 motor I’m assuming?

d.garza18

Reaction score
I have heard of midway mustangs they are only about a 2 1/2hr drive from me actually. That 15 motor paired with the hellion kit sounds pretty sick however I'm looking to start small right now. 13 up mustang or f150 engine and getting it running is my main goal right now. I already have a built 6spd to put behind it.
Nice! I’m sure they have an engine with your name on it, definitely be worth looking at. Looking forward to the build brotha!

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
That’s awesome. Looking forward to it. Gonna try to get a gen 2 or gen 3 motor I’m assuming?

I would be fine with a 13-14 mustang motor or gen 2 f150 I can easily swap cams and intake with. But if I can find a good deal on a gen 2 or 3 I would be all for it.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I would actually like to get your thoughts on this.... The ford control pack costs around 1750 with the engine harness included , and with an Nguage to pair for tuning would be around $2300 . Are there any options out there for the same price in standalone format? Whats nice about the control pack is it comes with pretty much everything needed even the gas pedal for the electronic TB.

Well I’m glad you asked lol. As you know, I’m running the megasquirt. It works, but I do not recommend it. I have fought like crazy to make the vct work. If you’re looking to do any kind of tuning on your own or just like ease of access to the tune, I would highly recommend looking in to the Holley terminator x max. It comes as a complete kit with vct control and wiring and all for about $2400. This can use the stock throttle by wire stuff or you can get a cable throttle body and use a cable instead.

I’ve been working on mine lately (actually been driving it for a week or so now), and getting the vct to play nice has been a headache to say the least. I ALMOST bought that Holley setup, but finally got the megasquirt to work so I didn’t have to get rid of it.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Well I’m glad you asked lol. As you know, I’m running the megasquirt. It works, but I do not recommend it. I have fought like crazy to make the vct work. If you’re looking to do any kind of tuning on your own or just like ease of access to the tune, I would highly recommend looking in to the Holley terminator x max. It comes as a complete kit with vct control and wiring and all for about $2400. This can use the stock throttle by wire stuff or you can get a cable throttle body and use a cable instead.

I’ve been working on mine lately (actually been driving it for a week or so now), and getting the vct to play nice has been a headache to say the least. I ALMOST bought that Holley setup, but finally got the megasquirt to work so I didn’t have to get rid of it.

Wow I didn’t realize how close to the same price the Holley would be... are you running the electronic tb or cable driven

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Wow I didn’t realize how close to the same price the Holley would be... are you running the electronic tb or cable driven

You have to look at that Holley kit though. It comes with the ecu, vct controller, a 3.5” touch screen for tune changes, oxygen sensor (I think 2, for wideband on both banks), and all the wiring needed. They have one kit for stick and one for 4r70w.

I am using an accufab cable throttle body for coyote. I just made a throttle cable bracket and used a lokar throttle cable for a fox body.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Of course, this is mainly so you can keep the vct stuff. You could easily lock the cams out and run it on a single cam signal. Megasquirt would do that just fine.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Well that made my mind up easily lol. It’s really a no brainer as the ford control pack would be just as expensive with not near the tuning capabilities

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I need to stop buying stuff for my truck lol. Just ordered a JLT intake and re-purposed my SCT xcal4 to my truck. I also installed an Alpine Headunit so I have my apple car play and nav along with a backup camera.

Its been too cold with a loss of motivation to do anything with the car yet. As soon as it starts to warm up a bit Im gonna make my way to some junkyards and find me a nice coyote

50HSN95

Reaction score
I need to stop buying stuff for my truck lol. Just ordered a JLT intake and re-purposed my SCT xcal4 to my truck. I also installed an Alpine Headunit so I have my apple car play and nav along with a backup camera.

Its been too cold with a loss of motivation to do anything with the car yet. As soon as it starts to warm up a bit Im gonna make my way to some junkyards and find me a nice coyote

Haha, I have the same problem with my Fusion. Recently picked up an SCT X4, Steeda air box for it as well as picked up a Focus ST catless down pipe that I'm going to mod for the Fusion (way cheaper than the actual Fusion parts, and they fit with a few mods).

Are those the Jegs Spike wheels that you have on your car?

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Haha, I have the same problem with my Fusion. Recently picked up an SCT X4, Steeda air box for it as well as picked up a Focus ST catless down pipe that I'm going to mod for the Fusion (way cheaper than the actual Fusion parts, and they fit with a few mods).

Are those the Jegs Spike wheels that you have on your car?

Yep I got them a couple years ago after they were pretty new. Now you seem them absolutely everywhere lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online