Nick's 98gt Full Budget Built Turbo 2v

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Well been awhile since i've added a build thread to this site. My previous mustang has since been parted off and sold.

Anyway, Last week I picked up a 98gt. Didnt pay much for it as I was wanting something I could tear down and start from scratch. Car has 145k on it with a warn out 4.6 npi 2v motor, shock/struts and springs are all shot. Good news is it has a good transmission / body is rust free, and paint will be salvagable with a good buffing & wax.

Goals for the car are pretty simple to start, over the next few months I plan to slowly bring the interior back to life, replace the shock/struts & springs. Maybe add some upper & lower control arms + subframe connectors to stiffin up the chasis a bit. As for the engine I'm going to throw it in the trash and swap in a used PI 4.6, hoping to be able to add a mild cam. After that is complete I will drive it around and enjoy it untill the big add-on start to happen.

Some photos of the car at the previous owner's place the night I picked the car up. Car looks rough lol....

rZiL6Lz.jpg

mwsczeQ.jpg

fkCMLZ8.jpg

nBPYtOj.jpg

44yXtAh.jpg

Anyway I'm looking forward to posting my progress with this car, just happy to finally have something to tinker with again. Below are a few pics of what she looks like now on the stand in my shop. Will be awhile tell she moves again.

snVk4yY.jpg

XtP5xDd.jpg

FGGNfl7.jpg

JoHByoV.jpg

UO0oApd.jpg

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Nice. I can't wait until I have an SN to tinker with... and a garage to tinker with aforementioned non-existent SN in.

Keep the updates and pictures coming.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Well, totally have some updates already suprisingly. Lastnight I ripped the seats and carpet out. Seats I will be attempting to sell. The driver seat is pretty warn but it is electric and is still in good working order, the passenger seat is in a little better shape. Carpet I will be attemping to bring back to life. I will be giving it a good cleaning and will dye it to black.

For the great news is I found an engine for my car. Its a Full PI engine out of a 02 Lincoln Town Car. Will hopefully be picking it up this weekend.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Hold up!!

Then....what do you have?

I don't have anything right now. Sadly. Which probably will draw the question, "why am I here, on this forum?"

Simply put, I like cars. I don't particularly like the Mustang, but for some reason I have a wierd fascination with the SN95. I have always liked the 302 Windsor, particularly the 302 BOSS. And I want to build a BOSS 302 SN95. That is why I am here.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nice man! That's a perfect starting point for another toy. :-D

We'd love to see some of pictures during the PI swap -- hell, we could use an updated how-to on the swap, if you're willing!

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
nice man! That's a perfect starting point for another toy. :-D

We'd love to see some of pictures during the PI swap -- hell, we could use an updated how-to on the swap, if you're willing!

No problem, I'm one to keep the updates coming and I also love adding pictures with everyting as I know it makes build threads more enjoyable to follow as well as helps with the how-to's.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Went and checked out that engine tonight..... The car that its coming out of still looked to be in damn good condition, he started it up and it ran super quite and smooth. I can wait to pick it up! $350 bucks for a full PI engine..... why not!

1bad95

Reaction score
Sweet! Low mile motor?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Has 98k on it so not exactly low mileage. Came out of a Lincoln Town Car so I cant imagine it has had the $h!t beat out of it too hard lol.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Panther platforms were delayed with PI engines, so have at it!! You gonna swap cams out for thumpy lumps?

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Debating going MHS stg 2 or Hi-Tech Stg2, gotta find someone to degree the cams for me though. Would hate to have a valve smack a piston lol.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Not much for updates this weekend. Working on getting my shop winter ready. Needing to insulate the ceiling and get a nice propane heater so I can work on the car through the cold months. Measured the sq footage, my shop is a 3 car space but one of the bays is seperated so I will have less area I need to heat. So with it being a 2 bay I got about 900sq ft to work with. Did manage to get some nice portable lights. Ripped all the interior out of the car, not much of the original interior will be going back in it as its pretty destroyed.

KYgIADj.jpg

Car had a dent on the passenger side rear bumper when I bought it. With a couple of hours with a heat gun I was able to shape it back to its orignal form. turned out pretty good.

qpeGR58.jpg

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Got a new update on my shop.... I know this isnt a build thread for my shop but it does need to get done in order to be able to work on the stang over the winter lol. Anyway went to menards last night and bought the insulation for the ceiling in my shop. I am going with 2" thick 4'x8' styrofoam board, my work space measured to about 868sqft so I will have my work cut out for me getting all this hung. The walls in shop already have insulation board with the plastic in between so I believe that will be sufficient enough. For heating the shop this winter I plan on using the Mr Heater 125k btu propane heater. They are rated for well over 1200sq ft so I dont see that as a problem working out.

More updates to come!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online