Nite Shade'd my Cobra Fogs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 97stanger, Feb 23, 2014.

1. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

Just wanted to show you guys some before and after. Definitely recommend the product. Used a 220 grit paper to scuff up the lens, this is 2 coats and 2 coats of clear.

[​IMG]

2. ttocs

ttocs Legend

220 is probably a little bit aggressive imo I would have done 320 or 400 wet sanded if not scotchbrighted. I have to recommend you clear them or the nightshade shtuff starts to turn a bad satin finish pretty quickly.

3. ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89 Well-Known Member

What he said^
    Around where I live, it seems like everyone discovered nite shades all at the same time. Everyone just went home and sprayed their lights...'got tinted lights now dawg.' My buddy who runs a bodyshop made a killing tinting lights the professional way and using good clear.

4. ttocs

ttocs Legend

seriously don't say you will do it later as everyone says that and then nothing happens. Do good oddagn

5. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

Believe it or not in searches I've done guys said they used a 120-180 grit to scuff it up. I thought that felt way too rough so went with the 220 and it came out great. I already have the clear coat.

6. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I had my headlights tinted and the fogs not being tinted were the only thing that allowed me to drive it at night or it was too dark.

7. ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    My buddies old R/T Dakota. Professionally tinted and still so dark that HID's didn't help much. It's just a give and take when you tint headlights. They do look good though usually. When are you putting your cobra bumper on?

8. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

Bumper will be going on last weekend of March. I'll be sure to put up pics of it all done