Nitrous

mongo

Reaction score
I have a 98 with a motorcraft npi replacement motor with just under 20,000 on the clock (wish they'd have went pi). I have a mac cai, 4.10s, pro 5.0 short throw, hypertech power programmer, and steeda underdrives. I ran 14.91 at the track right after I bought it without the short throw and haven't been back yet. Could it handle a 75 to 100 shot of nitrous safely without a tune? Would I need to change injectors? If it can, what kit should I buy and what should my et be in the 1/4 mile. Also, how much is it to fill a 10 # bottle and how many 1/4 miles can u run on one 10# bottle.

OP
OP
M

mongo

Reaction score
I'd still like some answers to my questions but ive read too many posts about blown motors with nitrous in the last few hours. I may just stay na for now and hope my buddy goes kenne belle so I can get his 03 intake cheap.

96mod289

Reaction score
i dont see why you wouldnt be "safe" but remove that hypertech motor tune before spray, and make the nessary timing and spark plug adjustments.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd think you wanna get a tune if you run a 100 shot, your motor will thank you.

Not sure on how many passes, depends on the jet size, and use. ect.

good luck.

OP
OP
M

mongo

Reaction score
Would it be safe to run a 75 shot with out getting tuned until I did a H/C/I swap in a couple of years. Right now I am in auto body school and my funds are limited. Also im gettin a good deal on a friends old wheels and thats gonna cut into what money I have. My biggest concern is my other friends 2001 Camaro that ran 13.58 on streets, could I expect to get into the 12's with a 75 shot? I have to detune the chip and change plugs, is there any thing else that needs to be done?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can't really say for sure.

I'd recommend you talk to some tuners or nitrous kit suppliers.

OP
OP
M

mongo

Reaction score
Thanks I will have to get on the phone and talk to some suppliers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online