Nj or ny inspection

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They both follow similar guidelines to California and its tough to pass emissions in both States. NJ no longer does safety inspections so thats a plus.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
One of the best things that NJ got rid off is the safety portion. Less than 6% of cars were unsafe for the roads so they got rid of it.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just curious if they will fail me for my aftermarket X pipe even though it has cats. I passed with it before but I have heard they are failing you now if you don't have all 6 cats like stock :(

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I'm just curious if they will fail me for my aftermarket X pipe even though it has cats. I passed with it before but I have heard they are failing you now if you don't have all 6 cats like stock :(

that's weird, I've passed with flying colors with mac catted H pipe. How would they know that 6 cat pipe came on those cars, do they look into some sort of database while inspecting. Anyways, you can definitely argue with them and say that 6 cat pipe rotted away years ago and there were no oem replacement.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I decided to try bringing mine to NJ state this past summer...and failed for like 7 things lol.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
that's weird, I've passed with flying colors with mac catted H pipe. How would they know that 6 cat pipe came on those cars, do they look into some sort of database while inspecting. Anyways, you can definitely argue with them and say that 6 cat pipe rotted away years ago and there were no oem replacement.

Yes they have a database with that info so they can compare. In the past I got away with "the stock stuff was damaged etc" but I have heard recently people are not passing who had no problem in the past.

My stock mid pipe is long gone and finding a stock one to pop on isn't easy either.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Yes they have a database with that info so they can compare. In the past I got away with "the stock stuff was damaged etc" but I have heard recently people are not passing who had no problem in the past.

My stock mid pipe is long gone and finding a stock one to pop on isn't easy either.

I would go to a different location. My sticker is good till 2015 and its orange. How do they expect an oem exhaust to last more than 10-12 years. Mine rotted away at the flanges where the cat back mated up together. Ford doesn't produce it anymore, and there are no aftermarket companies that make it either. This is a tough one.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well I don't have to worry just yet since the car won't be on the road for a few months but I am concerned slightly. The last person I talked to said the inspector told him he needed to have the same number of cats installed on his aftermarket pipe LOL

1bad9d5

Reaction score
And this is why I love my 95.. It'll pass everytime no questions asked, regardless what I got in NY

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Cpotts13

Reaction score

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=9020]Shifty Powers[/MENTION] I believe this is a recent trend as in last year or two. If I don't pass I will just get some kind of collector insurance or something since I would only drive on nice days.

OP
OP
Coastie912

Coastie912

Reaction score
Has anyone registered a salvage vehicle or salvage title vehicle.. Went today and gotta goto another DMV which is closed . Checked my vin and nothing is coming up so I Calle the guy I brought the car from
An he said car was stolen and insurance just cut them a check but he had it registered and insured fine... Any help to get this figured out since my title is ny gonna keep it ny any of you ver run across this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.