NMRA in bowling green KY in oct

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Who is all planning on going to this? I am happy to say(while knocking on wood) that its been nearly 3 months since my last chrones flare and if it continues I am looking forward to this trip. I have some old college buddies down there I look forward to seeing and staying with. I think its the first weekend in oct if I remember correctly and is supposed to be a pretty good time. I am gonna try to get the car done to take it down but it will be close...

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Looks like another no show for me. Would be nice to meet you as well as others.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well this sucks but it looks like it will be a miracle if I make it. Been a pretty crazy 3-4 weeks. My mother has not been feeling well. Vertico, head aches and blurred vision and finally nausea and vomiting. We took her to the dr 2 times, for an mri and got some antibiotics to help. She would seem a little better one day and then the next a little worse. So I have been cooking/cleaning/washing and doing the majority of the work to help her. Monday she started throwing up and got worse so we took her to the ER and they admitted her. They said that she had too much liquid in her head and did a spinal tap to relieve it and thankfully she is feeling better now and might make it home tonight.

As if that were not enough, dad would normally be a big help but he actually went in for a hip replacement today and needless to say the past 3-4 months he has not been able to get around all that well. Thankfully I have been feeling better then normal the past few weeks to be able to take him around for his different appointments to prep for surgery as well as help mom. Thankfully his surgery was successful and he is happy to not have his hip hurting him for the first time this year.

So then of course, this morning I wake up with a normal bad morning. I say normal because I wake up %99 of the time with stomach pain/nausea and running for the bathroom for one reason or another. Occasionally I will wake up and not feel bad but on those days I am normally just waiting for my stomach to flip and ruin my afternoon. On a good day it calms down maybe around 10-11 but normally I am not up/around till 2-3. On a bad day like today instead the pain gets worse and worse till eventually it makes me start to throw up. Finally after 5 hrs of that I said F-it and had my brother take me to the ER. So not we have mom on the same floor as me but different wing. Dad is in a different hospital 10 mins away and my poor brother is now putting up with 3 sick family members going between us to bring things or just keep us company.

I always knew that our immediate family was good and strong. I am not saying that we don't bicker or get on each others nerves but when it comes down to it and we need help we know someone will be there. Thankfully my brother has had some issues finding a job and was able to come up and help us out.

I had really been looking forward to this trip just because I have not gone 3 hrs away from my house since I move here 6 yrs ago. But there is always next year and the car better be finished prior to that but needless to say the past 2 weeks work has been slower.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online