No Brake Lights

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
It’s stick but I did look around for any bare wires and didn’t see any. I bought a multifunction switch to try this weekend. I don’t like to throw parts at a problem but I’m leaning towards that being the issue.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I was able to get my nice meter and had a few mins before work to tinker with it. Fuse 41 is fine. I’m getting power to it but that’s it. I checked for power at the brake light switch connector and have power but when I hit the brakes the meter goes to zero. I unplugged it and ohm tested the sensor while pushing the brakes in and get infinite ohms, so the switch itself is open. Could that cause no turn signals at all if the multifunction switch isn’t getting power from the brake light switch?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I'm not 100% on this theory of mine, but you may've found the problem. So maybe not necessarily the problem, but certainly a significant one nonetheless. That brake light switch on the brake pedal needs replacement asap.

Now, I think it would stand to reason that rear turn signals utilize the high-output signal (brake light output) from the electronic flasher cube at the bottom of the dash next to the fuse panel. I would at minimum get a replacement brake light switch and start from there. I wouldn't worry so much about the column-mounted MFS for now.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I’m thinking you’re right and I’ll start with that. I have a mfs on standby anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99