No cool name yet,

Discussion in 'Build Ups & Projects' started by 95vertgt, Apr 14, 2014.

1. 95vertgt

95vertgt New Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

So I just got this car recently and im already tearing apart. go figure right. car tossed a main shortly after I got it. so im putting a 347 in it. eventually to have a stanadalone and turbo setup. then do a different hood and suspension stuff so it can look and handle as well as it will go. any feedback is always appreciated.

mods thus far:
    trickflow aluminum heads
    trickflow track maxx cam
    trickflow intake
    65mm tb
    #24 injectors
    c&l mass air meter
    headers
    short throw shifter
    oem cobra wheels (as far as im aware)
    some sort of switchable tuner

short term mods:
    r302 block forged 347 rotating assembly
    head studs

fixing the here and there paint issues that are bugging me.

I actually enjoy this car over my old foxes.im interested to see what I find that I want to do to it, anyone have any suggestions for bumpers? hood?

2. ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89 Legend

I'd suggest some smoked headlights, putting a chin spoiler on the factory bumper, an S281 wing and if I were to change the good I'd prolly go with a single step up Cobra R 2.5" cowl. And some window tint! Looks pretty good how it is though!

3. RichV

RichV Well-Known Member

Looks like you have some Cobra front brakes as well. Rears may have been converted too.

Great mods to start. Sux about the spun bearing, but if came to it, you could easily pick up a $3-500 shortblock and be back on the road. Build the 347 taking some time for the parts/machining. But it's easier to just fire up the VISA and get some parts!! :)

4. 95vertgt

95vertgt New Member

Well thankfully my buddy is selling me that exact r302/347 shortblock combo for 1300. So I'm not deep in the pocketbook.