No Fuel Pressure

tderrick

Reaction score
My Retired '95 5.0 finally has a problem. I only fire it up a couple times a month these
days and it just goes to show- if you don't use it, you lose it.

I turn the key and immediately notice no fuel pressuring up sound. Sure enough, it won't fire.

So - If someone could advise on a diagnostic list from the simplest to dropping the tank to get to the fuel pump, I would appreciate it.

I assume first is fuse box?

thx, in advance.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
My Retired '95 5.0 finally has a problem. I only fire it up a couple times a month these
days and it just goes to show- if you don't use it, you lose it.

I turn the key and immediately notice no fuel pressuring up sound. Sure enough, it won't fire.

So - If someone could advise on a diagnostic list from the simplest to dropping the tank to get to the fuel pump, I would appreciate it.

I assume first is fuse box?

thx, in advance.
Can you use a multimeter or test light? I would unplug the tank harness (right behind the bumper) and check for power going to the pump. If there is power, then you have to pull the tank.

Do you want all the steps now or do you want to test and report back?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Can you use a multimeter or test light? I would unplug the tank harness (right behind the bumper) and check for power going to the pump. If there is power, then you have to pull the tank.

Do you want all the steps now or do you want to test and report back?
better yet start in the trunk at the intertia switch and you can test both wires going to/from it to be sure its ok. If it tests good there then I would go down to bumper like he said as it could be disconnected there or on the top of the tank

OP
OP
tderrick

tderrick

Reaction score
Great start, guys, thx. I'll try the suggested tests and report back.

I have a weekly trucking route, so the posts will be quite delayed. I only have the weekends to work on projects and right now it's fall bush hogging.

Will test asap

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Great start, guys, thx. I'll try the suggested tests and report back.

I have a weekly trucking route, so the posts will be quite delayed. I only have the weekends to work on projects and right now it's fall bush hogging.

Will test asap
No problem at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell