No more mustang (for now)... new ride inside..

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
Having kids didn't ruin my passion for mustangs... I'm not sure why everybody seems to think that after having a kid or two, your days of driving sports cars are over...

I think the bigger problem is having to ditch the hobby because kids are ****ing expensive.

OP
OP
Above118

Above118

Reaction score
Booooo!!
Having kids didn't ruin my passion for mustangs... I'm not sure why everybody seems to think that after having a kid or two, your days of driving sports cars are over...

i agree with ya on this Deep,my sports car days are still here. I have a 2012 WRX STI and hopefully before the end of the year a new stang.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think the bigger problem is having to ditch the hobby because kids are ****ing expensive.

Yeah, they're expensive, but it's just a matter of priority and budgeting. I have two boys and another on the way. Sure, some of my project ideas and other things I wanted to do got placed on the back burner, but not once did I EVER consider selling any of my cars.

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Truth. Having a kid was what got me back into the hobby sooner rather than later. I wanted my daughter to grow up with it and hopefully appreciate it as much as I do.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
Yeah, they're expensive, but it's just a matter of priority and budgeting. I have two boys and another on the way. Sure, some of my project ideas and other things I wanted to do got placed on the back burner, but not once did I EVER consider selling any of my cars.

Easier solution is decide not to have kids. This is what I did.

RichV

Reaction score
I wouldn't procreate if I was you either. :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

darinmasse

Reaction score
I have a 2 year old and just bought my first mustang about a month ago and before that I was restoring and building a 73 f250 drag truck and it never stopped me

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using Tapatalk 2

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Easier solution is decide not to have kids. This is what I did.

Everybody seems to think that you can either have kids or toys... but not both. And the minute you have a child, the toys have to go bye bye... That's simply not the case. There's no need for a "solution" because there never was a "problem" to begin with. With budgeting and responsibility prioritizing, there's no need to ever get rid of anything that I really want to keep. Ideally, I would like to be further along on my white cobra project, but with the warehouse, my wife's third pregnancy, and other things going on, it's been put on hold, but that's okay because it's a project, not a priority.

I'm sorry that you're going to experience life without the joys of having little ones running around. It truly is a blessing that I wouldn't trade for anything. There's nothing like it. There's nothing wrong with settling down and starting a family, but I'll be damned if I am going to give up the things I love and enjoy. I'd much rather have the best of both worlds... working in the garage with a bunch of little hands helping and asking a million questions.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
I'm sorry that you're going to experience life without the joys of having little ones running around.

I guess I'll just have to fill the empty hole with more money, sex, and generally doing whatever the **** I want.

In all seriousness, I'm glad you're happy with your kids and I'm sure you're a great father. They're not for everyone though and there is an exponentially growing number of people who are collectively saying "**** that shit!"

Goldmember

Reaction score
Everybody seems to think that you can either have kids or toys... but not both. And the minute you have a child, the toys have to go bye bye... That's simply not the case. There's no need for a "solution" because there never was a "problem" to begin with. With budgeting and responsibility prioritizing, there's no need to ever get rid of anything that I really want to keep.

I thought this was the case up until recently. My first daughter is due any day now and I planned to unload the GT to help with kid costs.

The turning point was when my wife and I pulled into True Value for some for sale signs. My wife gave me the sad eyes and put her foot down... I'm not allowed to sell it (lol). Luckily for me, she has an accounting background, so if anyone can make the budget work it's her. Trimmed other expenses, I have a raise coming, and eventually it should all work out.

I have a few small things planned for the car, mostly rust proofing thanks to 10 northeast winters and no garage, and some front end work that I have the parts sitting around for. I want my daughter to be exposed to the hobby. Hopefully she gets on board. If not, let her explore other things, and be supportive. In my line of work I see exactly what happens when the parents aren't around, or simply don't give a crap. i-whatevers cannot raise children or teach them respect/right from wrong.

/end rant

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'll just have to fill the empty hole with more money, sex, and generally doing whatever the **** I want.

In all seriousness, I'm glad you're happy with your kids and I'm sure you're a great father. They're not for everyone though and there is an exponentially growing number of people who are collectively saying "**** that shit!"

Having freedoms and what-not is fun for a while, but it eventually gets old. Money, sex, partying and whatever is fine and great when you're young, but I guarantee a time will come when a void will develop in your life and you'll wish you had something to fill it. By that time, your drinking buddies will have all settled down and the young club-girls that you're hitting now will have no interest in you any longer because you're simply too old. Once you reach middle age, you're going to wish you had a family and kids and loved ones to share your life with from that point forward.

I want my daughter to be exposed to the hobby. Hopefully she gets on board. If not, let her explore other things, and be supportive.

Exactly. Even if my kids decide they don't like wrenching on stuff, who doesn't enjoy riding in fast cars? I'd much rather have my kids enjoy the toys, just like I do, rather than sell everything off and have nothing left besides regrets... "Dad used to have 2 mustangs and blah blah blah before mommy got pregnant."

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Good luck with the new truck, I haven't had mine in 8 months and it keeps me out of trouble and I drive the speed limit now lol.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
Having freedoms and what-not is fun for a while, but it eventually gets old. Money, sex, partying and whatever is fine and great when you're young, but I guarantee a time will come when a void will develop in your life and you'll wish you had something to fill it. By that time, your drinking buddies will have all settled down and the young club-girls that you're hitting now will have no interest in you any longer because you're simply too old. Once you reach middle age, you're going to wish you had a family and kids and loved ones to share your life with from that point forward.

Funny thing. I have a good friend who is closing in on 45. He's a good looking guy and stays in shape. He can still pull prime, Grade A ass without much effort. I suppose the fat and bald middle aged men with no game don't have that luck, but thankfully I have none of those problems.

Regardless, I haven't banged any club chicks for awhile now, and my current girlfriend is a college educated young professional who happens to share my view of not filling our lives with little terrorists. We'd be more than able to handle it financially, but neither of us has any interest in actually having kids.

kb1982

Reaction score
"By that time, your drinking buddies will have all settled down and the young club-girls that you're hitting now will have no interest in you any longer because you're simply too old."
True about the friends, but a new crop of women sprout out of the woodwork, they are called divorcees lol.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Dang...I'm still impressed on the $3700 quick sale u had in the stang. I looked at a 96 cobra and the dealer offered me a grand for mine! Your car must have been in excellent shape man. Congrats in the new ride and the new future ride

OP
OP
Above118

Above118

Reaction score
Dang...I'm still impressed on the $3700 quick sale u had in the stang. I looked at a 96 cobra and the dealer offered me a grand for mine! Your car must have been in excellent shape man. Congrats in the new ride and the new future ride

yea i have a "hook up" at the dealer thats the ONLY reason i got a good deal. he knew someone that worked in the ford service department that has always compliments my car when i stopped by. he had the cash and i had the title..lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online