No power

Tattoogod

Reaction score
i know this has prolly been brought up but i dont see it anywhere.maybe im blind 8) ..but anyhow in any gear .if you step down on the go pedal above 5200 rpm's seems to just die.are these 95's known for it.or am i having a problem here.everything stock except for 3:73,k&n,and subframe connectors. it is a 5 speed thanks

Tim

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Its been a long time since I drove a 5.0 as close to stock as yours, but I dont think ( I may be wrong ::)) there is going to be a strong pull that high in the rpm band.............unless your in a 4-valve 4.6 car :dancing6:

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Downshift... then punch it! :police:

Seriously... you may be outta the motors torque band... Ill look up some specs later... my 3.8L is the same around 4,500-5,800

Jeremy

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
JeremyAlan said:
Downshift... then punch it! :police:

Seriously... you may be outta the motors torque band... Ill look up some specs later... my 3.8L is the same around 4,500-5,800

Jeremy

yea drop it into second and give her all shes got :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:, im sure the cars behind you will stop to help you pick the parts of your motor off the road ;D ;D.

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
HAHA i think QIKGTS's Avatar applies here

index.php

Jeremy

Z28 This

Reaction score
with a stock almost 94-95 gt the power band ends around 4800-5200 you can go on but it stops pulling to me...so i shift at 5k

r_suh

Reaction score
same here. i have my tach to flick the shift light on at 5200 rpm.

OP
OP
T

Tattoogod

Reaction score
so im guessing a nice trickflow upper and lower track heat intake will correct this?i should be safe with the stock 19lbers..im wanting to be able to pull till around 6200 or 6300

jimgt95

Reaction score
Tattoogod said:
so im guessing a nice trickflow upper and lower track heat intake will correct this?i should be safe with the stock 19lbers..im wanting to be able to pull till around 6200 or 6300

Hold on. In my car the tach redlines at 5800. You are definitely not making any more power above 5400 or so bone stock. In fact my 1995 Mustang sales literature says that the 95 GT was rated at 215 hp@4200rpm and 285ftlb@3400rpm. These are SAE flywheel figures. You will not make any more power by spinning your engine faster that high in the rev range, stock.

The factory rev limiter is set at 6250rpm. If you want to rev to or beyond that and make power, you will need a minimum improvement of heads and intake with good valvesprings and stud mount roller rockers. An aftermarket cam will help greatly too. You will also need to get a good tune to bypass the rev limiter and make sure you are not leaning out dangerously at that high rpm. Anytime you want to go beyond the factory rev limit (or make useable power in the red) you need to be careful and make sure everything is up to handling that kind of rpm, REGULARLY.

97WhitePony

Reaction score
youre never gonna turn that motor that high (anything near 6k) with that motor the way it sits... A good rule is to shift out at 5200 so that you stay in the power band for the next gear... the power band ends at 5000... To turn that high, youre gonna have to build you a motor that can take it... (change cam, heads ect) THeres no power to be found past 5k on those motors stock i believe... Now if youre in a 4v, you can make power up to 6k, but thats almost cmparing apples to oranges (OHC to OHV)... :bunny3:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97WhitePony said:
youre never gonna turn that motor that high (anything near 6k) with that motor the way it sits... A good rule is to shift out at 5200 so that you stay in the power band for the next gear... the power band ends at 5000... To turn that high, youre gonna have to build you a motor that can take it... (change cam, heads ect) THeres no power to be found past 5k on those motors stock i believe... Now if youre in a 4v, you can make power up to 6k, but thats almost cmparing apples to oranges (OHC to OHV)... :bunny3:

4 valve = mega rpm performance :dancing6: :dancing6: on my stock dyno sheet the power started to fall around 6100 and fell like a rock by 6400

Downshift

Reaction score
Full exhaust will help out too. I had to have the stock H pipe on with the 4 cats :rant: wow talk about NO top end. Put my x on there and it pulled real nice. Also changed out my plugs which were quite toasty and it pulls even harder.

FEAST SN95 JPN

Reaction score
I was hoping one of the pros would mention something about the intake (upper/lower swap). I believe this would open up a few more hundred revs or so. Am I wrong?

OP
OP
T

Tattoogod

Reaction score
maybe im expecting to much,im comparing this to my 1990 lx,it would go easily to 6k and bounce off ther rev limit if you wanted it too..on this 95 after it hits 5k it feels like someone is pulling the ebrake on me,the rpms just wont wanna go anyhigher.i just figured that it was this car..i plan on thowing in a blowzilla here in the next year.

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tattoogod said:
maybe im expecting to much,im comparing this to my 1990 lx,it would go easily to 6k and bounce off ther rev limit if you wanted it too..on this 95 after it hits 5k it feels like someone is pulling the ebrake on me,the rpms just wont wanna go anyhigher.i just figured that it was this car..i plan on thowing in a blowzilla here in the next year.

:thumb: :eek: :thumb:

got5.0

Reaction score
JeremyAlan said:
Tattoogod said:

YEAH!!!!!!
I am doing the same thing.
Right now, I have basic bolt ons and shift at about 4700-4800 rpm when I get on it... (I granny it)
Mine drops at about 5100.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online