No Radiator Fan and A/C Compressor Power, ccrm and ect are good help??

Full_Send

Reaction score
First post here and it’s a doozy, recently my radiator fan has completely stopped coming on along with my ac compressor, the car will overheat without the fans coming on. I inspected the fan and connector all looks fine so after hearing a trick from a fellow drifter about triggering the fan by tapping the pcm trigger wire and grounding to mimmick pcm signal I decided to try it.

Using a vampire crimp on the high fan trigger wire coming right off the pcm, when manually grounded the the high fans come on like they are supposed to. So that eliminates the ccrm as the issue and my temp gauge on my dash seems to work just fine so the ect is still good. I checked all the fuses and none were bad, I’m at a genuine loss for what is causing them to not come on and would genuinely love some input!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
start simple and stupid and check all fuses. Yes I said ALL just because it takes much less time to pull/inspect every fuse under the dash and the hood to be sure they are all good than it takes to get your manual out and try to figure out which one you hope is related. If you don't start stupid with electrical, you end up feeling stupid in the end.

OP
OP
Full_Send

Full_Send

Reaction score
start simple and stupid and check all fuses. Yes I said ALL just because it takes much less time to pull/inspect every fuse under the dash and the hood to be sure they are all good than it takes to get your manual out and try to figure out which one you hope is related. If you don't start stupid with electrical, you end up feeling stupid in the end.
Oh I agree I pulled every single interior and exterior on the car and checked the related it’s not that

Thyme

Reaction score
When I picked up my car, the previous owner had been scratching his head over this same issue. In my case, it was an issue of a wire ever so slightly backing out of the connector to the CCRM. Might be worth trying.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
If you jumped the wire and the fans engaged, indeed the CCRM would seem fully functional. I believe all SN95s have two temp sensors: one for the gauge and one for the computer which will command the CCRM to energize the relay through that wire. I would suspect the temp sensor before anything else if all fuses are good and you're sure no grounds are corroded. For that matter, ensure grounds are clean and conductive because those sensors pick up their ground continuity through their threads into the coolant crossover tube. So the sensor itself, the ground strap from engine to frame/neg battery terminal and this should at least help to further close in on the culprit(s).

07GtS197

Reaction score
If it’s a new edge like in his avatar then no it only has one temp sensor.

Op, I guess I’m not able to picture how you added the new ground but when you said you put a clamp on the trigger wire, did you wire the other end directly to the fan?

Monday

Reaction score
First post here ... I’m at a genuine loss for what is causing them to not come on and would genuinely love some input!!
Have you actually pulled the computer and looked at it? There are two capacitors. You should inspect these for "ANYTHING" the least sketchy.
One of my capacitors was leaking so as to be almost unnoticeable. I replaced both myself. You check out your computer.

This was probably my cheapest and most rewarding fix. You can get them off eBay.

OP
OP
Full_Send

Full_Send

Reaction score
If it’s a new edge like in his avatar then no it only has one temp sensor.

Op, I guess I’m not able to picture how you added the new ground but when you said you put a clamp on the trigger wire, did you wire the other end directly to the fan?
No the hi fan trigger wire from the pcm to the ccrm you tap it and add a extra wire coming off it and when grounded to any piece of metal it triggers the ccrm relay to turn the fans on

OP
OP
Full_Send

Full_Send

Reaction score
I figured it out had a friend hook up hp tuners and discovered the previous had a tune in the car with really high fan engagement points and that despite my temp gauge functioning the pcm wasn’t reading the ect sensor (pi motors only have one) I wiggled the ect sensor connector and it magically started working so ‍♂️

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online