No rev limiter?

Trickman668

Reaction score
So the other day it occured to me that my 2002 mustang gt does not seem to have a rev limiter, dont ask why i think this, just know there was alot of tire smoke. I have looked on fourms that say the normal limiter is set at 6k but my car seems to go much further than that (further than i feel safe pushing it to). Do these cars just not have a limiter or did someone possibly remove it with a tune? I have not owned this car long so i do not know a whole lot about them.

07GtS197

Reaction score
They do when the car is rolling under load. Under other conditions not necessarily. I believe the ecu pulls spark or cuts fuel at a certain rpm but its well past 6k.

When I had my 00 gt a buddy of mine wanted me to do a burnout so I thought why not a gave it a shot. Next then I know its turning about 6.5k rpms so I panic and immediately got off the gas. I had just replaced the motor and was scared I was going to blow this one up too lol but it was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Shoot...the modulars are just getting started at 6500rpm

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

07GtS197

Reaction score
Lol maybe the bottom end! But 2v heads dont flow up there in stock configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online