No wipers at all

Jason

Reaction score
Hello, I’m having trouble diagnosing my wiper problem, here’s what’s going on. My wipers won’t work at all hi low or intermittent, the windshield washer fluid will squirt but the wipers still don’t move. The 30amp fuse is good, the switch is new and the wiper motor is new. I removed the wiper control module and can’t see anything visibly wrong with it and with the key on wiper switch on when I remove the wiper fuse I can hear the relay click on the wiper control module. I assume that may be the problem? Also all the wiring I can see looks fine the wipers worked when the car was parked 4 years ago, now nothing. Can someone please help?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you checked one fuse? IF that is the case go back out and check all the fuses. I know it sounds like a PIA but it honestly only takes 2 mins to pull and inspect them all. Its really easy to end up with the wrong fuse and you would also be amazed how often the fuse you find blown had NOTHING to do with the problem at hand. You also need to check all the big and little fuses under the hood as they feed the smaller circuits.

OP
OP
Jason

Jason

Reaction score
you checked one fuse? IF that is the case go back out and check all the fuses. I know it sounds like a PIA but it honestly only takes 2 mins to pull and inspect them all. Its really easy to end up with the wrong fuse and you would also be amazed how often the fuse you find blown had NOTHING to do with the problem at hand. You also need to check all the big and little fuses under the hood as they feed the smaller circuits.
I’ve checked all the fuses and swapped a couple of relays under the hood, the wipers still won’t do anything.

Adfalenski

Reaction score
This is a bit out there but it happened to me. The multifunction switch on the left side of the steering column has multiple connectors located under the upper plastic steering column shroud. I had been working on the wiring around the steering column and stressed the wires going to the multifunction switch causing one of the connectors going to the switch to come PARTIALLY loose. It caused all kinds of weirdness to happen when I used the multifunction switch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online