Noise from rebuilt rear end and front end shake

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i suggest adding friction modifier. if that doesnt make the sound go away (which i bet it wont) I suggest having another mechanic take a look at it ASAP.

Sounds like the backlash is wrong. If you wear those gears improperly durring break-in, they'll be toast forever.

not too sure on the shake.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I'm agreeing with Musturd here if your backlash and pre load are the slightest bit off your going to have rear end whine. I think mine may have been a tad off myself because it had the slightest whine on decel. If you had the Windows open or radio on you couldn't hear it but Windows up radio off and defroster off you could hear a tiny whine. Never bothered me enough to re adjust it since it was so quiet but I did add a little friction modifier to help. Never had the driveshaft issue with my 4.10s... Maybe I got lucky?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just got back from going to get a road force balance on my wheels. Guy said he couldn't balance them because of the size and being deep dish. He didn't charge me anything, I figure if he could do it he'd take the money to do it. Did that guy know what he was talking about? They're 17x10 with 315/35

I just txt'd my son about that. He worked at Goodyear for 3 years. Yes you can road force balance 315's. find another shop.

OP
OP
C

CCobraW

Reaction score
I found another place, the guy said his A Tech that's good wasn't in that day. But said when he was he could do it. I started wondering if a wheel bearing/hub could cause that, since that's about the only thing that hasn't been replaced up front.

OP
OP
C

CCobraW

Reaction score
Just got them balanced. Wow so much better. Guy said both the fronts were off by an ounce and the rears one was off 3 ounces and the other 4 ounces. He said they were static balanced before which ain't the greatest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online