Noise

916_5.0

Reaction score
Ok so i was driving last night on a mustang cruise and i noticed a wierd rattling kind of sound when i was on the free way. I havent ever heard it before and it sounds like a thin piece of metal rattling on another piece of metal reason i say a thin piece is cause its not a like clunk or something cibrating but something thin just like smaking something else. It really isnt htat loud but i hate rattle and stuff like that so i want it gone. It sounds like its coming from the front right side of my car. And it seems to do it more when im going faster. I looked a little bit just now i just felt around a little and noticed that the the shield thing (not sure what is called) that sits behind the brake rotor flaps against my brake rotor really easily so i was thinking that might be it if anyone have any ideas if thats would be it or something else?

OP
OP

916_5.0

Reaction score
Oh and also i just changed my sway bar linkage the day before. So i dont know if something is rattling there, i dont know what could be cause i only changed the end linkage so there wasnt much to it. THe noise isnt really to loud i dont think cause whe ni jsut frive with music on and the combination of music and exhaust gets rid of it but if i have my stereo off it i can hear it and its annoying to me lol.

ryclef331

Reaction score
check the brake rotor dust sheild again. They bend REAL easily. Just reach under the and tweak it back away from the rotor. Not biggie. You might have bumped it when working on the sway bar. Check all your exhaust hardware also.

OP
OP

916_5.0

Reaction score
yeah i was thinking it is probably the dust shield so i will check that out.

OP
OP

916_5.0

Reaction score
Well im pretty sure it was the dust shield cause i dont here it anymore and my dust shield was broken in half so i pulled off the lower part that was just dangling hand hitting my rotor so that should put an end to that annoyance

G

GREG@SN95

916_5.0 said:
Well im pretty sure it was the dust shield cause i dont here it anymore and my dust shield was broken in half so i pulled off the lower part that was just dangling hand hitting my rotor so that should put an end to that annoyance

lol... problem solved

OP
OP

916_5.0

Reaction score
Yeah a good tug and it came right off lol. Oh and your little avitar is sick BOONDOCK SAINTS KICKS ASS

G

GREG@SN95

916_5.0 said:
Yeah a good tug and it came right off lol. Oh and your little avitar is sick BOONDOCK SAINTS KICKS ASS

lol... I have that on a T shirt too... lol... the T shirt says "hey fuckass, gimme a beer!"

lol

fatman2k4

Reaction score
My uncle's Mustang makes noise sometimes when you take off from a stop......but it's just the heat sheild for the exhaust.....

OP
OP

916_5.0

Reaction score
Yeah i checked out the heat shield to but that dust shield on my breaks was what caused it so lucky for me it was nothin bad . And thats sweet about that shirt man i found a nother boondocks shirt at a store a while back cant remember what it said though wish i had bought it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online