Not exactly a new member, but just now really becoming active...

dancadman

Reaction score
Greetings! I've actually been a member since October of 2017, but I guess I've just been trolling and haven't been active posting anything and never even introduced myself. So, I'm Dan Messenger from Dothan, AL (that's in LA or Lower Alabama as we call it) and a couple of years ago, my dad gave me his 2003 Mach 1. It has just under 70,000 miles on it and I drive it everyday. In November of 2017, I threw a rod and had it towed to a local shop. They pulled the motor and sent it to Jasper Engines to be rebuilt. Much to my disappointment, the block was not usable, so they rebuilt it with a new block. A year later and it's running great. I have a few issues, as it goes with any high performance car that you drive hard as often as is safe to do so, but it still puts a smile on my face every time I start it or leave a red light. I plan to keep it as stock as possible, but there are some things that I would like to do and I'll be reading the threads and posting questions as I have them. Anyone know of any active clubs in the Southeast? Here are a couple of pics...20170509_165101.jpg 20180416_181712.jpg

PinkieT

Reaction score
Belated welcome to you! I think it's great when cars are handed down in the family.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Word to the wise, never use jasper engines.
I worked there for a while and if you seen what went on in that place you’d understand.

Welcome though, nice lookin ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Welcome man, your Mach 1 looks great. As you've probably seen from the sidelines, this site has some good guys with some great knowledge they don't mind sharing

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a jasper engine in mine now since az

Consider yourself lucky that it’s lasted. There’s a reason that a majority of major mechanics shops have stopped using them. They used to supply the majority of parts houses engines sold and even now they are starting to go its other companies. I use to watch guys throw stuff together without checking tolerances, without checking torque as they cranked down bolts and more. On the transmission side I used to watch beat the hell out of the valve bodies when throwing them in and half the time they didn’t even hook it up to the machine to check the vacuum specs and such.

And don’t get me started on the vast number of employees who were high as a kite while supposedly building top quality motors!!!! [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I have a lot of family in the Slocomb area. Sister lives in Hartford.

OP
OP
dancadman

dancadman

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! @evilcw311 I wish I had known that before...

I do have a couple of weird issues with the motor, but I'll find the proper thread to put that in. I really wished that I would have had the time and a place to pull it myself and rebuild it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online