not starting

Suspect

Reaction score
(cars been sitting for maybe 2 or 3 weeks)

went to start her up for an oil change and it was dead. so i charge the battery overnight, but today it wouldnt start. let az check it out and it was bad so i got a new battery and still nothing. not even a starter click, so maybe the soleniod?! what else should i check out? not going to be able to mess with it right away, but wanted to be ready for when i do.

i hate stupid lil things like this! :nonono:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
sell your car to me for a ridiculously cheap price.... :D

but i would check the battery connections like KB said...mine were messed up on my old V6 and i had to put on new connectors.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
im hoping its not the starter. ill be checking it anyways cuz i believe the soleniod is connected to the starter. thxs guys. :)

G

GREG@SN95

check solenoid... thats my bet... could also be a bad connection

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
cables can be a very common problem and are easy to forget about, check the battery connections make sure the cable is still good that attaches to the ground by the under hood fuse block, I know mine started to fray there and it wouldnt start.

but no click...weird im thinking a solienoid or the starter its self?

ripper

Reaction score
I read in another thread once there was an issue with the anti-theft device. And the guys car wouldnt start like yours so i would check that first.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
btw i wouldnt try taking a starter out with just rhino ramps. :rant:

so i got it off and took it to az and they said it was bad, but they always say its bad no matter what it is. anyways while i was taking it out a small bolt fell into my hand. well when i finally got it off that bolt was one of 2 bolts that hold the soleniod. so maybe it was just that. dunno. im gonna take to these other guys just to be sure.

G

GREG@SN95

take the starter off...

and hot wire it to a battery...

Now use yer head and be carefull doing that... I had the same problem a year ago... pulled the starter, hot wired it to a battery... was tricky, but turned out starter was fine...

turned out to be the connection to the solenoid... i out it back on and everything was OK...

G

GREG@SN95

SilverSol said:
could be your clutch pedal postition sensor too.

idk...

My car will start whether the clutch is up, down, or anywhere in between :dunno:

aceman484

Reaction score
i think it might be the spark plugs......dont know much technology stuff bout the mustangs.....but im learning

ryclef331

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
SilverSol said:
could be your clutch pedal postition sensor too.

idk...

My car will start whether the clutch is up, down, or anywhere in between :dunno:

You clutch pedal switch is either bypassed OR stuck closed. Maybe you did a 5speed conversion...i dunno. FROM THE FACTORY, you shouldn't be able to start your car without the clutch down..

If the bolts came off the solenoid, thats probably your problem. It has happened to me before.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
was the starter, and now its back on the road!! :banana: O0

feels real strong or maybe i just been driving the truck too much! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member