not what id hope for

wytstang

Reaction score
That sound could also be your LCA bushings ect ect as long as the motor doesn't knock and tranny shifts fine your good.

97vertstang

Reaction score
i dont think those times are bad at all. sub frame connectors, LCAs, and less air pressure next time should get u a very low 8 or maybe a 7.99 O0

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i remember my first track visit....haha i was so nervous my leg was shaking so bad tryin to hold the clutch on the floor....then i launched at 2600 and did a burnout with my street tires at 35 psi lol so i got a bad first pass....it was like 15 something 1/4 lol so then i got into 1st round and had no idea what to dial in lol....so i guessed mid 15's lol well first round i hit everything right and got a high 14 and "brokeout" lol it sucked lol but it was a fun experience....and its all about practice ...i wouldn't be dissapointed with your times your 60' def look good man :dancing6: O0

ripper

Reaction score
Get them d/r's sticky man. Burn em up good. When you do your burnout get em turnin and watch the starter. He will tell you when to stop. You should be able to hook at 2500. I launch at 3500 but not a drop the clutch. I drop and feather if that makes sense. Go to a parkin lot when the store is closed and practice. Take a bud with you so you can get a patch of rubber layed down. Even better if you can get some more cars there. Practice. Your 60ft is awesome for first time Practice and you will get good. Hell when i first started all my 60's were over 2 LOL. Way over. Sounds like you were relaxed and focused. Good Job.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
well subframe connectors could be in my near future...im thinking maybe that should help?

ALITL8

Reaction score
not bad at all, Paul... very consistant too O0

just one complaint from me... dont you think this thread and the one with the video should both be in the Track Talk section? btw, i still havent seen the video thread because i had to go to your profile in order to find this one :dunno:

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Duuuuude conrgrats man! For the first time those are GREAT times! Seriously you shouldnt be bummed at all, and your car is NOT a slow pig LOL. :rollinglaugh:

Remember, 13.10ish is only .10sh away from 12.99 and twelves are NOT slow. And this is your first time? Shiiiit, man i know what you need to do, next time me and trey will come out with you and when me and him are running 14's and 15's i bet you'll feel alot differently about your stang LOL.

Congrats definitely, and i'd really like to get out there maybe next time you guys go, i'd like to get some BONESTOCK baseline times to see how much each mod i bolt on helps, like a progression chart, that'd be cool. Also i have a friend with a bonestock '06 VW GLI that always wanted me to come to kennedale to race him, he thinks he'll roast me lol. Maybe we could get trey and a few other guys in the area to come and we could make a nice vid and something out of it. Thatd be cool.

Lastly, one tip i've been told by many a veterned dragster is to shift and launch when you see the last yellow light on the tree instead of on green, that will cut your R/T down a bit because when green hits you'll already be in the shifting process and even on the gas RIGHT when the green hits.

Congrats again man, you should be proud. O0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online

No members online now.