November POTM - Project car edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
No finished rides allowed!! Car in a million pieces? paint mismatching?

Post up the best picture of your project car and potentially win a fitted hat or a T-shirt.

You have until October 30th to submit your pictures.

A8FC9DBE-45A5-4E67-AD6E-9540ABB96675.jpeg

joe65

Reaction score
I know not an SN...but we are getting close. Hoping this weekend to maybe try and start it...we'll see. Truck has a good story for us. I bought it when my son turned 16 for his first truck. It stuck. He and his sister drove it for a few years to school etc. we used it to deliver papers in 2009 when i was laid off and looking for work. The 2.3 was getting tired and was totally gutless with the auto so i had the idea of adding a turbo....nope he wanted a 5.0. had a crate motor in it had it running then the motor pushed a piston pin through the block....they replaced it for us and its been a long haul trying to finish this thing on the weekends etc. Oh and my son just turned 28.

1633108522695.png1633108573831.png

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know not an SN...but we are getting close. Hoping this weekend to maybe try and start it...we'll see. Truck has a good story for us. I bought it when my son turned 16 for his first truck. It stuck. He and his sister drove it for a few years to school etc. we used it to deliver papers in 2009 when i was laid off and looking for work. The 2.3 was getting tired and was totally gutless with the auto so i had the idea of adding a turbo....nope he wanted a 5.0. had a crate motor in it had it running then the motor pushed a piston pin through the block....they replaced it for us and its been a long haul trying to finish this thing on the weekends etc. Oh and my son just turned 28.

View attachment 12721View attachment 12722
The 2.3 was tired when it was new! I had a 91 with it and HATED That motor even the smallest hill on the highway would mean 4th gear and if was even the slightest bit steep I was lookin fer 3rd.

Venompower

Reaction score

View attachment 12721View attachment 12722
So this is the ranger!!! Looks great, a guy in my home town had a late 90's Ranger lowered on Mustang GT wheels and I always thought it looked so good!

joe65

Reaction score
So this is the ranger!!! Looks great, a guy in my home town had a late 90's Ranger lowered on Mustang GT wheels and I always thought it looked so good!
Yeah we got the thing started over the weekend. that was stressful. When you think you're close and then you remember something....the oh shit kind of moments. 1st we had the petcock on the radiator open when we started filling the radiator then i thought we had the distributor stabbed in the spot, nope 180 off. Need a timing light. with the shorty swap headers we had to use and the short exhaust out the side and the flowmasters, it just sounds really good. Sounds like a muscle car to me.

tinnocker

Reaction score
The 2.3 was tired when it was new! I had a 91 with it and HATED That motor even the smallest hill on the highway would mean 4th gear and if was even the slightest bit steep I was lookin fer 3rd.
I bought a 86 Ranger, 4 cylinder 4wheel drive. This was the last year they had a 4 cylinder and 4wd. It was a dog. Had to be a long flat straight road before I could use 5th and the next little hill , go back to 4th and you are right....then 3rd gear.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am planning on rebuilding my rear deck hopefully this winter into something a little cooler looking

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am planning on rebuilding my rear deck hopefully this winter into something a little cooler looking
What a coincidence! I’m scheduled for same next week,

joe65

Reaction score
We actually got the Ranger running this month. had fuel issues but got that resolved with a new fuel pump. Pretty big deal for my Son. Big deal for me because he did a lot of work himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online