now low end power after HCI swap

Kylebach14

Reaction score
Just finished up my hci swap and she's running healthy idles fine, but there is no low end power. It really has no power until about 4k then it pushes you in your seat. I'be seen people run similar combos and post great times but there's no way in hell.mine would produce those numbers.
Vic Jr heads
tfs 1 can
1.6 rr
Stock injectors, Maf, TB
255 fuel pump
Typhoon u/l intake
Shorty headers
straight pipe

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just finished up my hci swap and she's running healthy idles fine, but there is no low end power. It really has no power until about 4k then it pushes you in your seat. I'be seen people run similar combos and post great times but there's no way in hell.mine would produce those numbers.
Vic Jr heads
tfs 1 can
1.6 rr
Stock injectors, Maf, TB
255 fuel pump
Typhoon u/l intake
Shorty headers
straight pipe

well for 1 you got vic jr heads on a 302 there's your first problem . Straight pipes is your second problem ... Problem number 3 is why would you run a typhoon intake the cheapest one around with some monstrous Vic jr heads atleast run a trickflow R .... Basically those heads are way to big to make power down low unless you throw boost at it .

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
well for 1 you got vic jr heads on a 302 there's your first problem . Straight pipes is your second problem ... Problem number 3 is why would you run a typhoon intake the cheapest one around with some monstrous Vic jr heads atleast run a trickflow R , stock injectors and maf isn't going to be enough either your car could be leaning right out that much air coming in with stock injectors . Basically those heads are way to big to make power down low unless you throw boost at it .
Not trying to sound like a dick

OP
OP
Kylebach14

Kylebach14

Reaction score
Its cool dude, I figured that was my problem. I may just try to throw some ported gt40s on.

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
I would try a different intake before you go ahead and buy new heads and swap. Your not the first person to put 200+ CC heads on a stock short block, some have had pretty good results with it.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would try a different intake before you go ahead and buy new heads and swap. Your not the first person to put 200+ CC heads on a stock short block, some have had pretty good results with it.

He is right I read a article today the guy had the same intake as me though the victor 5.0 efi the car was running low 12's on 18" drag radials

Then eventually 10's with a stroker kit http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/02/YellowFever/

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
He is right I read a article today the guy had the same intake as me though the victor 5.0 efi the car was running low 12's on 18" drag radials

Then eventually 10's with a stroker kit http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/02/YellowFever/

That's exactly one of the guys I was thinking about. Granted that guy is a helluva driver but still. Another guy on corral and hardcore50 put AFR 205, one of the comp Xr cam (iirc) and a vic 50 on his cobra.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's exactly one of the guys I was thinking about. Granted that guy is a helluva driver but still. Another guy on corral and hardcore50 put AFR 205, one of the comp Xr cam (iirc) and a vic 50 on his cobra.

Its not not red is it

OP
OP
Kylebach14

Kylebach14

Reaction score
So what kind of intake do you think I should go with. Because right now, I feel like It's about stock in power

OP
OP
Kylebach14

Kylebach14

Reaction score
I got stock rear end (3.08 I believe), but I've got some 4.10's waiting to be installed. I'm thinking about going with a ported gt40 setup on the heads. Is there any room to grow with those?

Magic

Reaction score
I got stock rear end (3.08 I believe), but I've got some 4.10's waiting to be installed. I'm thinking about going with a ported gt40 setup on the heads. Is there any room to grow with those?

Put the 4.10s in then come back to this thread.

OP
OP
Kylebach14

Kylebach14

Reaction score
So my injectors and MAF arent the reason for my low power?

Magic

Reaction score
So my injectors and MAF arent the reason for my low power?

Your combination is all over the place.

The heads/cam/intake combo isnt the greatest, but its not that bad.

Stock 60mm TB isnt helping it, neither is the "straight pipes". Larger TB (up to a 70-75mm) and a proper X or H piped exhaust will help.

3.08 gears arent helping that motor get into its power band quicker, 3.73s- 4.10s will help.

You wont know if your injectors and MAF are enough until you put it on the dyno and get an air/fuel reading or datalog it.
Is the car chipped/tuned?

OP
OP
Kylebach14

Kylebach14

Reaction score
No it isn't chipped or tuned. Would a gt40 setup be better with my combo?

Pheonix

Reaction score
Have another look at your intake/ MAF/ TB, I think what they are trying to suggest is that your starving your system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online