npi in the 13's ?

ROB 98GT

Reaction score
is there any possible way to get my car in the 13's without touching the heads and using nitrous? my mods are in my sig. Is there any suspension mods that would help? thanks.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
sure there is, just getting into the 13's is not that hard even with a non PI stang. You have a good start but I would suggest a little more for hp making. Some headers / a C&L upper elbow with a 70tb and a coldair kit would free up some more hp. Is your car a auto or manual? If its a auto you will have to have a stall and a shift kit would not hurt either. If its a manual then your Ok with that. You already have 4:10's so your rear gear is enough to put you in the 13's, running on slicks will be a big help. I would get some LCA's / Shocks / and even some UCA's would help plant the rear for some STRONG launches ( like above 3 grand ). If you even want another 10-15RWHP you could do the PI intake swap. Thats a simple install and can be done in just a few hours.

The key here is good track prep, planting what power you have too the ground efficiently and great driving. Look at it this way the 99 ^ GT's make around 215-225 to the wheels and are able to run in the upper 13's with a good driver, and you can get that with bolt-ons to your NON PI car. Just for reference my 98 AUTOMATIC had full boltons and made 238rwhp. All the parts you have plus the few I listed here.......nothing major just the normal stuff and it had a dyno tune and made great power for still having the stock heads/cams/and bottom end.

OP
OP
R

ROB 98GT

Reaction score
my car is an auto also. if I could get it in the high 13's constant, I would be happy. My best last year was a 14.7 @ 93mph 2.3 60' before the 4.10's and springs. Thanks for the advice, I will probably go with the pi intake next well see.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ROB 98GT said:
my car is an auto also. if I could get it in the high 13's constant, I would be happy. My best last year was a 14.7 @ 93mph 2.3 60' before the 4.10's and springs. Thanks for the advice, I will probably go with the pi intake next well see.

Ok so you do have a automatic, If you want 13's you really need a stall. I had one of the best, Percision Industries 2800 stall. I loved it, it works great and I never had a problem with it. You ran a 14.7 and did not have gears, with gears you can cut a few tenths off that and then the stall is a easy half second gain. So with the gears and stall ( with good track and weather ) sticky tires low 14's and maybe even a 13.9999 could happen :). That 14.7 is pretty good for a stock gear auto non PI car.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
of course its possible..it depends on what you want to do...you could do suspension/ slicks and launch like a bat out of hell and get into the 13s with little power...my goal is to get into the 13s with pi intake, pi cam and an xcal tune on top of the current mods..most important l/t headers...should def. be possible with a good 60...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FRPP/SVO intake and Crower st 2 NPI cams should help :banana:

but a pi intake and pi cams will be nice also and alot cheaper.

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
sure there is, just getting into the 13's is not that hard even with a non PI stang. You have a good start but I would suggest a little more for hp making. Some headers / a C&L upper elbow with a 70tb and a coldair kit would free up some more hp. Is your car a auto or manual? If its a auto you will have to have a stall and a shift kit would not hurt either. If its a manual then your Ok with that. You already have 4:10's so your rear gear is enough to put you in the 13's, running on slicks will be a big help. I would get some LCA's / Shocks / and even some UCA's would help plant the rear for some STRONG launches ( like above 3 grand ). If you even want another 10-15RWHP you could do the PI intake swap. Thats a simple install and can be done in just a few hours.

The key here is good track prep, planting what power you have too the ground efficiently and great driving. Look at it this way the 99 ^ GT's make around 215-225 to the wheels and are able to run in the upper 13's with a good driver, and you can get that with bolt-ons to your NON PI car. Just for reference my 98 AUTOMATIC had full boltons and made 238rwhp. All the parts you have plus the few I listed here.......nothing major just the normal stuff and it had a dyno tune and made great power for still having the stock heads/cams/and bottom end.

What boltons did you have?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Here is the full list.........

Mac Longtube headers
Mac off road H pipe
Mac cat back exhaust
BBK cold air intake'
BBK 70mm TB
C&L upper elbow plenum
PI intake ( complete kit from Livernois Motorsports )
Mach Underdrive pulleys

Trans-go Shift kit
Percision Industries 2800stall
B&M hammer shifter
4:10 motorsport gears

Tuned on the dyno Before numbers ( sorry cant remember the tq ) Hp 218hp and after 238hp. The tune software was Diablo chip master revolutions. The gains were pretty nice across the rpm band and the power could be felt after I got it back. It was a good running car, I never got to a track but im sure it would have run in the 13's with sticky tires and a good track. The gears and the stall took it off the line pretty strong Smiley

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Here is the full list.........

Mac Longtube headers
Mac off road H pipe
Mac cat back exhaust
BBK cold air intake'
BBK 70mm TB
C&L upper elbow plenum
PI intake ( complete kit from Livernois Motorsports )
Mach Underdrive pulleys

Trans-go Shift kit
Percision Industries 2800stall
B&M hammer shifter
4:10 motorsport gears

Tuned on the dyno Before numbers ( sorry cant remember the tq ) Hp 218hp and after 238hp. The tune software was Diablo chip master revolutions. The gains were pretty nice across the rpm band and the power could be felt after I got it back. It was a good running car, I never got to a track but im sure it would have run in the 13's with sticky tires and a good track. The gears and the stall took it off the line pretty strong Smiley

Hey he was asking me :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

j/k.......there it is that was the whole deal.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea.. i meant to put that in there..thats his list..haha..i asked it a while back..becuase Im hoping I can dyno at 240 after pi intake/ pi cam..haha

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
yea.. i meant to put that in there..thats his list..haha..i asked it a while back..becuase Im hoping I can dyno at 240 after pi intake/ pi cam..haha

that cam swap could put you there

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:

240 to the wheels..i doubt it

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
justinschmidt1 said:

240 to the wheels..i doubt it

Why do you say that?? I had 238 with my GT it had everything there is other than PI heads and PI cams......it did have a killer tune though. It was on the dyno for 3 hours being tuned.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
well considering snakebit did it without a pi cam ...I would say its definately possible if I have a pi cam and all the same bolt ons as him with a good tune of course...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online