O/R h and drone

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
Right now I'm running a hi flow catted Mac hpipe with 40 series American Thunder catback. The drone is pretty bad at around 2-2.4K rpm.

If I were to get an O/R h pipe, would the drone get better or worse?

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
i think the cat-back is what cause's the drone correct me if im wrong.... flowmaster is known for the drone

OP
OP
M

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
Right, I knew that.. But would changing the midpipe that has more flow create more drone or somehow negate it? Or would it be the same either way?

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
hmm not sure i mean the car will become louder without the cats im guessing it would add more drone... i know its not much help sorry :-\

G_94_T

Reaction score
<--- has o/r h-pipe......drone will only be louder....alot of the drone has to do with your flowmasters

97WhitePony

Reaction score
yep... i have flowmaster dual chambers... the drone is def. there. Threw some sound deadening to it... not GONE, but about 60 percent better... Its the muffs no doubt...

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Yeah,

the flowmasters do drone alot and it will only get louder if you install an 0/R pipe.

OP
OP
M

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
97WhitePony said:
yep... i have flowmaster dual chambers... the drone is def. there. Threw some sound deadening to it... not GONE, but about 60 percent better... Its the muffs no doubt...

Where do I put the sound deadener?

S

scarface

I have a set of magnaflow SS mufflers Im thinking of selling :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
how many diffrent kinds of the magnaflows are there? How do the ones you have sound ???

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
got a nice mellow tone in that vid :) they have a good sound but auctually I want something with a pretty loud voice.......thats what got me interested in the SLP set-up, but I have heard Magnaflow's that were loud as hell.....they must have been the magnapacks ???

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
I too have magnaflows. They are pretty tame at idle. But when you put some throttle it really wakes up.. You actually get the best of BOTH worlds. Loud when you want it and not drone when just cruising on the highway. A buddy of mine has Spintechs on his 00GT and around town it sounds great specially at idle. But on the freeway at over 2k RPMS the thing drones pretty bad!!!

The magnapacks are a different breed. They are loud !!! Some say louder than 1 chamber flows................

my .02

jpajkos

Reaction score
Im sorry but if you don't want drone don't get the SLP Loudmouths. Flowmaster is known for the drone. I have 40 series flows and I love the sound but the drone is harsh. Magnaflows are nice and tame. You might want to look into Borla. Borla makes some awesome stuff IMO.

Fryrice

Reaction score
I have a Mac O/R H-pipe with 2 chamber Flows and love it. I get lots of compliments.

What does your drone sound like ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online