o/r mid pipe help

LJmagicJJ

Reaction score
ok, so i bought a used h pipe. put it on, and ran into a problem. it rattles against the crossmember....the previous owner said he had this problem too....does anyone kno how i can fix this?

DSCF0409.jpg

the red line is pointing to where it rattles, it's only about an eight of an inch away from the h pipe..

keep in mind the car is lowered about an 1.75"

thanks

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
what brand did you get? is your h pipe the one piece or the four piece set up? is there prior damage to the pipe?
you should be able to adjust the 4 piece ones a little. The easiest way is to take it to a muffler shop.

OP
OP
L

LJmagicJJ

Reaction score
the guy i bought it from said it was MAC....it is the 4 piece set up....there was prior damge to the h pipe, he popped it with a hammer b/c it was rattling against his cross member just like mine is. i dont' kno how many muffler shops around here will deal with an o/r mid pipe.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
LJmagicJJ said:
the guy i bought it from said it was MAC....it is the 4 piece set up....there was prior damge to the h pipe, he popped it with a hammer b/c it was rattling against his cross member just like mine is. i dont' kno how many muffler shops around here will deal with an o/r mid pipe.

do you know anyone that has any kind of auto repair shop? It probally just needs to be adjusted at the connection points

S

scarface

Mine did that when I got it brand new....Turned out to be my motor mounts were bad and I didnt even know it. Once they were replaced, I had plenty of clearence.

I have never see a MAC h-pipe that wasnt Black. ???

Iceman12

Reaction score
I had a similar issue wit my MAC pipe when I got it, had to put it up on a lift, loosen the nuts on catback and headers, then hit it with a big ass hammer, (with a 2x4 as a buffer) till the pipe was clear on both sides. no more rattle. ;D

Fryrice

Reaction score
If its only an 1/8 on an inch , you could put some RTV between the crossmember and the pipe until you figure out a real solution.

The lowering of your car wont have anything to do with it,except make your ride a little harsher. You cound even grind down the crossmember just a tad to get more clearance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online