O/R X pipe or H Pipe?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
so MAC should seal fine with stock exhaust manifolds????????

i had a mac h on my stock headers on my 95 for a short time, they had a good seal on them. They use the ball n socket fitment and it works pretty well.

Like the new avatar by the way ;)

jpajkos

Reaction score
I would defiantly go X pipe. They breath alot easier then the H pipes. I have seen dyno results on both. The X pipe always gained alot more power the the H. If you looking for sound H pipes do sound good. I have a O/R BBK X pipe and i'll tell you I AlWAYS I MEAN ALWAYS get compliment wherever I go. People are always asking about my exhaust and when I tell the all I have is a BBK X pipe w/ Flowmaster Cat back 2.5 inch all the way they don't believe me. I think Magnaflow and SLP charge WAY too much for a mid pipe. I went with the cheaper alternative and it sounds just as good. I've heard so many combos. Magnaflow X pipe w/ borla stingers, SLP X with SLP LM, Bassani and Magnapacks, etc. But IMO X pipe would be the way to go. Sorry for rambling on just had to vent :hammer:

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
ya i want power its just all the O/R X Pipes ive heard have a poping gargling sound.....

jpajkos

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of Off road pipes. Even with an H-Pipe bro your gonna get some distortion in sound. Usually when you hear the sound its high pretty high RPM rates about 4k. If you get headers is really smooth's the sound out. At our mustang club we have a guy with a 94 5.0 with a novi 200 tuned to 18psi on a stroked and forged 331 ci. He has BBK Long tubes w/ bbk o/r x and dyno max bullets and the car sounds like thunder man. When he starts his up i think everyones heart skips a beat its so loud. When we all race at the track you'll hear it all the time. Just once of those things. H's aren't as bad as X's but with your blower application your car will love the X IMO.

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
I am in the process of switching from shortys and O/R Hpipe to longtubes and O/R Xpipe.... How are the longtubes on a lowered stang.. I think ill have to raise her up a little..

Willis

S

scarface

mine is lowered with eibach pro's, and I dont scrape anywhere.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Fets said:
I scrape with my SLP O/R and Flows! :mad:

damn how low is your stang sitting ???

Im pretty sure its stock, maybe a tad bit lower, but pretty much close to stock. I didnt drop it or nothing, and the previous owner didnt appear to put a drop on it :-\

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I cant understand that, if its not Lowered How are the long tubes and mid pipe hitting ??? ??? ??? does those slp headers dip that low toward the ground ???

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have the stock manifolds. When I had my BBK O/R H on, I never scraped. But my SLP, for some reason she hangs low. I only scrape on double dip hills (If going over 20mph), and speed bumps :nonono: I heard that SLP X's hang low but Im not sure. I also heard that getting long tubes will bring the mid pipe closer to the car and give me more ground clearence? ???

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh I though you had slp longtubes on it now, that makes this even more strange for what you have to scrape :-\ :-\ :-\ are all your hangers on and connected right ???. I dont think I have ever heard of a stock height car having clearance issues with STOCK headers

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fets said:
Its as high as it will go :mad:

Hmmm I dont know what to tell you about this bud :dunno: :dunno: maybe like you said with the headers and a shorter mid pipe you will have more room under there :-\

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
From what I read, alot of people have problems with their SLP X pipes hanging low?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
If that's the case it must be the way they are designed and not something particular on the way it is on your car.

jpajkos

Reaction score
alot of times what happens is if you install it yourself the pipe hangs low due to amount of weight on one side causing the pipe to sag. This happened to me. I took it to Marco muffler over here they heated it up and put some new hangers on it for me I never had an issue again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online